PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Time-Scheduled Evolutions?

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected > Time-Scheduled Evolutions? >

nil's Avatarnil

QUOTE originally posted by infinitywayvern

how would you control the evolutions? say you're trying to evolve your eevee into an espeon, but it hits max happiness during "night time." automatic evolution dictates that your eevee will now evolve into an umbreon. now you can say "give it an everstone and just take it away during the daytime" but if you're going to be online during the daytime to take away the everstone, then you can just evolve it normally like how its set up now.
perhaps i didn't elaborate enough. no, with this idea, the eevee would not evolve into umbreon as soon as the clock hits nighttime, because you would specifically schedule evolution to trigger only during when the server time is 'day.' it doesn't matter if it would hit max happiness at night, because no matter what it wouldn't evolve until it's day.

now take that same eevee you're trying to evolve. you can say that the automatic evolution happens at noon or midnight server time. but if you happen to have a long day at work, or are asleep, or any other reason that you're away from pokefarm and the time hits midnight before it hits noon, the eevee will again evolve into umbreon before you have the chance to evolve it into espeon.
again, this isn't how the idea works. once again, the eevee will not evolve at nighttime if you've specifically scheduled the evolution to only trigger during the day.

now take a different story. say you've been hunting amaura, and you're trying to upgrade your wishforge badges. you need to have those hoards of amauras ready to evolve for whenever you need them to upgrade your wishforge. but amaura evolves at level 39 during night time. you would have to give an everstone to every. single. one. of those amaura in order to make sure they don't evolve during the night when you're not ready for them to.
again... you wouldn't need to give them everstones. you would schedule the evolution to happen when you are ready for it. the day you are ready, you would schedule evolutions for them to occur at night. you do not have to schedule them to evolve when you're not ready for them to evolve. you would wait until you are ready, but if you're going to be on at night as you imply here, you wouldn't need to schedule the evolution at all. you'd just do it yourself. I feel like you drastically misunderstood what I said, I do not believe I did a poor job clarifying what my intentions were. Pokemon will not automatically evolve unless you tell them to. This idea will not run on specific time values, like 7:00, 14:00, 19:00, etc. it will run on the servers Dawn-Day-Dusk-Night cycle. Regardless, I appreciate your input on the topic. <3
icon is an editied manga cap. ♡ lab || scroll
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page