PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Life of a trainer >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Chapter 4 – Evolution Andy had a lot of fun with his Caterpie and he was really happy to have found him in the forest, on that picnic day with Henry and his Nidoran. They were spending a lot of time together, eating, resting, training and battling. The first two of those activities being their favourite past-times. They won several battles as Benny proved to be a strong Caterpie. Strong as in able to compete with and win from the general first stage Pokémon other trainers in the area had or that resided in the nearby forest, he was still no where near the needed level to take on, let’s say...Entei. But, then again, Entei was just the back-up plan if catching Articuno failed, right? And that was going to happen in a single throw, so Benny wouldn’t even need to be at a level to compete with legendary Pokémon...but this is getting besides the point. They also lost a couple of battles, which was only natural since there were trainers around who had been battling for a longer time and thus had stronger Pokémon. Andy didn’t mind the losses, they were part being a trainer and he was always proud at the accomplishments of his Caterpie, whether he won or lost. But...all that changed one day. It happened right after a battle, Benny delivered the final blow in a head-on tackle to the opposing Spinarak, knocking the Pokémon on his back, with his paws twisting in the air, and with that won the match. Just as Andy was ready to call him back, the characteristic white glow surrounded Benny as his shape started to change. Few moments later, a Metapod was sitting in the Caterpie’s place. Andy looked at him in surprise, but then grinned as he held his hands in his side. “Well, well, well, you’ve become handsome, Benny.” The Metapod looked silently at him as Andy got closer and gently lifted him from the ground. “And heavier I might add, what have you been eating?” The happy sparkle in Benny’s eyes showed he appreciated the joke and Andy chuckled. “Thanks for the match”, Andy said to his opponent, who didn’t look as happy as Andy did as he called his Spinarak back. “You’re free to come back for a rematch, but I think I’m going to enlist Benny in a beauty contest first.” Benny seemed amused by the remark and Andy was grinning, as he walked away with the Metapod under his arm. First he walked home, where he showed his new Metapod to his parents, who were only mildly enthusiastic about it. They never cared much for training Pokémon themselves and they weren’t sure why their children wanted to be a part of it that much. Andy would have showed his older brother, but he was studying abroad. Then, with the metapod under his arm he walked over to the telephone and dialled the number of his friend Henry. The grin on his face was a preview of how the conversation would go, as Andy listened patiently to the dialling tone, until Henry picked up on the other side. “Oh hey, Henry! Guess what?” “You finally caught your Articuno?” Andy laughed, he could have known Henri would bring up that inside joke between them. Ever since that picnic they mentioned Articuno or Entei here and there, or nudge each other when someone mentioned it. It was a joke that stuck for some reason and Andy loved it. “No, no,” Andy said, “even better! Benny evolved today!” “That’s great! Congratulations.” “Well, this does bring a problem,” Andy continued, with a sigh. “What kind of problem?” Henry inquired. “How am I supposed to train him? Throw him at someone while shouting ‘tackle!’?” On the other side of the phone, Henry burst out in laughter and a grinning Andy waited patiently for him to catch his breath again. Benny seemed to chuckle as well, although the sturdy Pokémon barely moved. “No, no, patience is the key word here. You can use him in battle, Metapod are known to have a little flexibility in their ‘tail’, but for the most part they’re…” “Useless in battle?” Andy finished his sentence. “Not exactly the words I wanted to use, but yes. The know how to harden and truthfully, that is not the most exciting move ever.” “Come now,” Andy said, grinning broadly, “When a stud like Benny hardens, I’m sure the opponent will faint of admiration.” Henry laughed again. “You’re free to test out that theory against my Nidoran one day.” “That is what I wanted to hear! I’ll come over tomorrow.” “Alright Andy, I’ll see you tomorrow then.” Andy greeted his friend a final time, promised him to be there by noon and hung up. Then he took the Metapod from under his arm and held him at eyes height in front of him, observing him closely. Benny stared back at him as Andy put him on the table. “You really surprised me when you evolved, but I’m glad you did. It makes me wonder when you’ll evolve again.” “Metapod,” Benny replied and Andy patted him gently. “You took the words right from my mouth. Or something, I generally don’t say ‘metapod’, unless I’m calling you…never mind, this is getting confusing.” “Meta.” Andy grinned again, picked Benny up and carried him to his room, where he placed him in a corner.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page