PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Nunka's Nonsense

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Staff > Nunka's Nonsense >

Nunka's AvatarNunka
Feeling good today. Got my House in order, love my living room. Decided to be girly for once, put a dress on and do makeup.

Oh no, It's me!

So an overview of the past month. Basically, My babysitter dropped me out of nowhere with no warning. After struggling a couple weeks trying to find a new one I ended up getting laid off from work until "further notice". So now I'm a stay at home parent. My Fiance's going to keep working because he gets paid more but otherwise I'm home alone with the baby from here on out until I either find a new fulltime babysitter or she's old enough to go to school while I take a morning shift. Concidering the state of my town, the latter is more likely to happen. So I've decided to go back to my roots. From those who've known me a very long time, I used to run a daycare jointed with 3 adult folks. I gave that up to go to college and eventually the daycare shut down due to lack of proper management. That or they gave up. I used to do most of the paperwork, scheduling, and daily planning so it may have been a bit of a push to shove it all on them at once. Another friend run into a similar problem where her babysitter took off upstate for a week without notice after being prepaid and then dropped her after a conversation took place asking when she'd be back. Money was refused to be paid back and it ended in the babysitter throwing a bunch of unessacary insults and blocking her. Oddly Ironic, the babysitter was also my Cousin, known as Evenella on the old PF v.1. Knowing her current habits, she probably hasn't made a new account. So I offered to babysit Koda for her. She in turn suggested I reopen a Daycare but this time do it in my home. I was worried that the distance might discourage child placement but my friend said and I quote "Good daycare is worth the drive lol" Koda and Iris already get along so having him over more often wouldn't be a problem. I have this large fenced in backyard, to which she pointed out, would be good for letting them run around in. So now I've got Iris with me and then two Kids lined up for watching. Which is the max for an uncertified daycare. 3 children including your own. I'm going to wait until I get the back rooms fixed up before I get my house approved structurally since the back storage room needs to have the wall repaved, the subflooring covered (Needs Carpet) and I need to put down Wood Flooring in the Entertainment room which is currently offlimits/locked. But once that's done I can get re-certified and open offically. I especially want to get the Entertaintment room finished because that's the main area where the Kitchen Playset, Books and Movies shelves are supposed to be. But for now the kids are limited to the Living Room/Breakfast Nook(labeled in floorplan) and the fenced backyard which is lead into directly from the sliding glass door.

Basically, it's this big open area that from any Chair in the room, I can see anything if I need to sit down when I'm not playing with them. I wish I still had my giant fishtank because when I babysat at my house before the daycare, kids loved watching them. I do have an extra spare large Room with a Guest Bed and a Large Queen-sized Mattress laying on the otherside of the floor that my sister left behind so I suppose it could double as a quiet room. Feel like I need to repaint my walls when I get the chance.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page