PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Life of a trainer >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Chapter 3 – The first battle As Andy continued his walk with his Caterpie on his shoulder, he noticed another Pokémon battle and he stopped to watch. One of the trainers had a Rattata, the other had a Weedle and so far it seemed like the Rattata was winning. Andy watched silently as the Rattata did a quick-attack and with that knock out the opponent. “I told you bugs suck,” the Rattata’s trainer taunted as the other trainer called his Weedle back and ran off. The taunting trainer smirked and complemented his Rattata on a battle well fought. “I think we’ve found our opponent,” Andy said in a light-hearted and cheerful tone, but the dark look on his face didn’t match that. The Caterpie on his shoulder nodded and Andy walked up to him. “I bet you can’t defeat my Caterpie,” Andy stated. “Didn’t you hear me?” the trainer said. Andy guessed the trainer was two or three years younger them he was. “I said bugs suck. Are you another loser that needs to learn that he hard way?” “Oh, I heard you fine the first time.” Andy shrugged lightly with his hands in the pockets of his trousers. “I just disagree. Rats like you suck.” He turned to the Rattata. “No offense meant.” “Hey! I never said you could speak to my Pokémon!” “Whatever,” Andy sighed. “Are you up for a battle? I’ll prove to you that bugs aren’t as weak as you seem to think.” He grabbed Benny from his shoulder so he could show him to his opponent. “See? Don’t you see the fierce look in his eyes? The confident attitude he has?” Benny, sitting comfortably in Andy’s hands, tilted his head a bit to look at their opponent with his big, black eyes, making him look more cute then fierce and the boy didn’t know if he should laugh or get angry. “If you’re not afraid, we can have a battle, you and I,” Andy continued. “What do you think?” “Alright! I’ll show you that bugs are useless, just like that other trainer with his stupid little Weedle.” “Don’t say that! You’ll hurt his feelings.” “So what? Feelings don’t matter in battles.” Andy frowned a bit, looking at his opponent. The boy was maybe eleven years old, somewhere around that, and already thought he knew everything. Of course Andy was just a beginning trainer, but he already felt he was a far better trainer then this boy was. Sure, he was just fourteen himself, but it seemed to make a world of difference. “You may start,” Andy said, smiling broadly as Benny crawled forward to face his opponent. “And Benny, let’s show them just how awesome you really are! Give him that fierce look of yours!” Benny blinked and showed the Rattata his big, black eyes and Andy grinned as he noticed the boy grab his head in that oh to familiar tired expression people got when they were sighing. “Use your tackle, Rattata!” The boy ordered his Pokémon and the Rattata took of and charged towards Benny. “String shot!” Andy ordered and the white substance left the Caterpie’s mouth, hitting the Rattata in the face, who slowed down, shaking his head with closed eyes. “Nicely done,” Andy said. “Now, tackle!” With a well placed tackle, Benny knocked the Rattata on his side, but the Rattata got up again and with his paw he cleared his face of the sticky substance. “Quick attack!” the boy ordered and the Rattata run fast to Benny, knocking him down. Benny rolled over the ground, but he got up again, focussing on his opponent. “That’s the spirit Benny! Show him what you’re made of!” The Caterpie got on his tail and nodded. “Alright, use your tackle!” Andy commanded and Benny started his attack. Their opponent ordered a tail whip and as Benny hit the Rattata, the Rattata hit Benny lightly with his tail. Benny shook his head and watched the Rattata get on his feet again. “String shot!” Andy said and Benny shot the sticky white substance from his mouth again, covering the Rattata, who shook his head and used his paws to try and get rid of it. “Fantastic! Now use that awesome tackle of yours again!” Benny hit the rattata with his head in the side and the Rattata fell on the ground. With some effort he got back on his legs, still partly covered by the string shot, but his legs trembled en he fell down on the ground again. “That looks like win!” Andy said and he looked at his Caterpie. “Well done Benny!” he exclaimed, applauding his Pokémon. “You’re the best! A star! Fantastic Benny, you rock!” “Don’t get all that excited,” the boy grumbled as he aimed his Pokéball to his Rattata and called him back.” “Why shouldn’t I get excited? This bug rules!” The happy smile made quickly way for a serious frown. “Really, don’t ditch a type that easily. Winning or losing doesn’t just depend on the type, but on the skills a Pokémon and it’s trainer has.” Andy being Andy, the serious mood quickly faded. With a broad grin he picked up his Caterpie. “So, ready to take on an Articuno? Or Entei! What do you think?” Benny shook his head and the boy blinked, as if he didn’t believe what he just heard. “No? Alright then. How about a rest in your Pokéball?” Now Benny nodded and Andy dug in his pocket to find Benny’s Pokéball. “Let’s see…it should be here somewhere…no, that’s gum, that’s a marble…don’t even know why I have that in my pocket…ah, here it is.” Between two fingers Andy lifted the small Pokéball from his pocket, pushed the button to enlarge it and aimed it at his Pokémon. “You did great, take your rest now. I’ll make sure that you’ll get a fantastic dinner to celebrate this victory.” After Andy had called his Pokémon back to the Pokéball, he looked at the other trainer. Slowly an amused smile appeared on his face. “Is there something wrong?” “Articuno or Entei?” the boy asked. “There is absolutely nothing wrong with dreaming big!” Andy started walking away, waving to the boy as he left. “Maybe we’ll battle again sometime. See you around.” Since Benny was resting now, Andy decided they might as well go home. Maybe Henri would want to come over and train with them, he’d make sure to give his friend a call when he returned home.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page