PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Becoming [A Pokémon Fanfiction] [PG-13] [COMPLETE]

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > The Becoming [A Pokémon Fanfiction] [PG-13] [COMPLETE] >

Peridot Prior's AvatarPeridot Prior

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Unexpected [/background] - expected [/css] (opened on line 1) on line 63

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/208/c/2/riolu_top1_by_brookreed-d7si9i1.png[/IMG][background=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/208/7/2/riolu_middle1_by_brookreed-d7si9i6.png][css=padding-left:15px;padding-right:13px][color=lightgray][font=Times New Roman][center][size=11]♣ [b]Chapter 1[/b] ♣[/size][/center]When I open my eyes, I can make out only a few sparse details in the dim light. The ceiling above me is rough and cracked and made of stone--a cave, perhaps? My thoughts turn to my own situation. Is this death? I look down at myself. I am lying on a straw mat, with warm blankets piled on top of me. A moment later the sensation of my aching body hits me. My bones feel heavy and my very skin burns even under the thick layer of bandages that cover me. I let out an involuntary groan. If this is the afterlife, it is not what I imagined. Suddenly, a voice speaks from the darkness. “Finally! I thought you were going to sleep forever." The voice sounds harsh and feminine, and sounds nearby. The sudden exclamation startles me so that I twitch in surprise. I turn to see two glaring yellow eyes watching me in the darkness. A heartbeat later I make out the rest of the creature’s body--thick, powerful, and dark. A Gabite, who appears to be sitting crossly in the corner with her arms crossed in front of her. “Wh-where am I?” I ask shakily. My throat feels raw and dry, and my voice sounds much quieter than usual. The Gabite rolls her eyes. “Not out in the cold, clearly.” Her tone sounds annoyed, as though I am bothersome and juvenile. I need to get up, to show I am not as weak as I feel. I push the covers off and struggle to roll myself up off the mat. My body protests, muscles twitching of their own accord and my skin burning as it moves across the mat. “I wouldn’t do that if I were you,” the Gabite says, though she doesn’t make any attempt to stop me. “Nodi will have a fit if she finds you up.” I pause, grateful for an excuse to stop the excruciating pain. “Nodi?” “Don’t make me repeat myself,” the Gabite growls. “You still haven’t told me where I am,” I point out. “You’ll find out soon enough,” she responds. At that moment, a shape blocks the entryway, and another Pokémon appears. This Pokémon, too, has a body that is thick and powerful. But it is not a Gabite--this time, it is a Nidoqueen. “He’s awake!” the Nidoqueen exclaims. “Gallant, you were supposed to alert me when he woke up.” Gallant the Gabite makes an annoyed sound. “I was going to, but he kept asking stupid questions. Can I leave now?” “Yes,” the Nidoqueen affirms. As Gallant rushes towards the exit, the Nidoqueen calls after her, “Snark and Prior are out on the cliffs!” “Great, I was hoping for a challenge!” Gallant shouts back, and vanishes. “Now then,” the Nidoqueen says, turning her attention to me. “How are you feeling?” “Fine,” I say, managing to push myself into a sitting position. “I know that’s a lie,” the old Nidoqueen responds smoothly. “You were nearly dead when I found you.” I shrug, trying not to flinch from the pain that shoots through my ribs as I do so. “I feel fine now.” “If you insist,” Nodi says, shaking her head with a wry smile. “Do you have a name?” “Riolu,” I answer. “Just Riolu?” she asks. “Just Riolu,” I confirm. “Well, I am pleased to meet you, Riolu,” the Nidoqueen says briskly. “My name is Nodi, and this is my cave.” She gestures vaguely to the cave and the dark exit beyond. “Good to meet you,” I say as politely as I can. I clamber to my paws. “I should get going now.” “Oh no,” Nodi says firmly. “You’re staying right here until you have regained your strength. And don’t even think about arguing.” “Honestly, I’m fine,” I answer, although it comes out rather weakly. I shuffle towards the exit. “No, you’re not fine,” Nodi insists. “Now get back in bed, and sleep awhile.” “I’m fi--” I try to protest once more, but the muscles in my body spasm so hard that I collapse to my knees, jarring the rest of my body. I look up weakly at Nodi. She rolls her eyes as the Gabite had done, although not unkindly. “Told you so.” Gently, she helps me limp back over to the bed. Exhaustion has made me weak once more, and although I want to protest, I keep silent as she rearranges the covers on top of me. My thoughts have begun to fade when I hear her murmur, “Sleep well, Riolu. You’ll feel better when you wake up, I promise.” The last thing I see before I lose consciousness once more is her bulky body leaving the cave quietly.[hr][center][color=white]♣ [url=http://q.pokefarm.org/forum/post/349553][color=white][u]Go to next chapter[/u][/color][/url] ♣[/color][/center][/font][/color][/background][/css][IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/208/4/a/riolu_bottom1_by_brookreed-d7si9ib.png[/IMG]
Links:DeviantArtGeneration IV ClanMy FanfictionPilcrow Pines Art ShoppeMy JournalCurrent Mood: Entering the new age of art. Feel free to send me your art, fanfiction, and roleplays. I'm always willing to take a look at them. Like my signature and avatar? Commission your own at my art shoppe. ...Look at all this space I haven't used.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page