PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Becoming [A Pokémon Fanfiction] [PG-13] [COMPLETE]

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > The Becoming [A Pokémon Fanfiction] [PG-13] [COMPLETE] >

Peridot Prior's AvatarPeridot Prior

This post contains one or more BBCode Errors and cannot be displayed properly.

Error: Unexpected [/background] - expected [/css] (opened on line 1) on line 51

If this is your post, please edit it to correct these errors. For now, the post will be shown raw, with no BBCode processing.

[IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/208/c/2/riolu_top1_by_brookreed-d7si9i1.png[/IMG][background=http://fc08.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/208/7/2/riolu_middle1_by_brookreed-d7si9i6.png][css=padding-left:15px;padding-right:13px][color=lightgray][font=Times New Roman][center][size=11]♣ [b]Prologue[/b] ♣[/size][/center]There are only two things I can be certain of right now. One: my name is Riolu. And two: I am lost. I left my trainer two days ago. I wasn’t wanted, that much was clear. My trainer was kind enough to me, but it was my own hasty nature that is to blame for my current situation. I can’t help that I jump into battle so quickly. But my trainer, and her two other Pokémon...they were terrified of me, of the way I threw myself at other Pokémon to fight them on sight. And perhaps I am even terrified of myself. When I woke up in the Pokémon Center from my most recent skirmish with a Monferno, I was covered in burns, bruises, and bandages. At that point, I decided it was time to leave. No more would I burden my trainer with worry. The best thing I could do for my team was to vanish and never return. I leapt out the nearest window, and escaped into the night. And now, two days later, I am lost. The first day I simply ran blindly across the land. Now, I walk, climbing the mountains that divide this region, never looking back. A flicker of movement catches my eyes. A dark shape sits far above, in a tree. A Murkrow. Instantly, I feel the familiar urge to attack it. But it is too far up in the tree--I won’t be able to reach it. The Murkrow takes notice of me. It tilts its head to the side, and then lets out a cackle. “Aha! Get a load of this kid!” I can see it is directing its comment to another Murkrow near it. The other Murkrow responds. “Ahaha! Looks like something the Meowth dragged in!” I can’t help but glance down at myself. They’re right, of course--my bandages are torn from my wanderings, and my wounds have yet to heal. But I will not show weakness. I clench my fists, and shout the first thing that comes to mind: “Shut up!” The first Murkrow caws angrily. “What did you just say to me, kid?” “I said clam up, or I’ll make you!” The second Murkrow laughs. “Ahaha! You hear that? Said he’s gonna make us!” “Aha! Yeah, you and what army?” The first Murkrow puffs up his feathers. “Get down here and I’ll show you!” I say, coming to stand under the Murkrow. I can feel the anger inside me rising as I speak. “Ahaha!” the second Murkrow taunts. “I said [i]get down from there![/i]” In one swift motion I deliver a sharp punch to the tree. My clenched fist cracks through bark and I can feel splinters pierce my paw. But I am too angry to care. The Murkrow laugh. My punch barely shook the tree, much to my dismay. “Aha! Annoying brat,” the first Murkrow says. “Ahaha! Let’s get him!” the second Murkrow screeches. The two Murkrow rise from their perches. From the trees surrounding me, more Murkrow appear, screaming and blackening the sky with their dark wings. They dive, and I face them, swatting and punching. But they are fast and I am too angry to think straight. They peck at my face and grab my tail, jabbing their beaks at my bruises and burns. I collapse onto my knees as their stinging blows continue to rain down on me. It seems forever before they lose interest, and the flock disappears. I lay on the ground for awhile, blood seeping from many wounds new and old. Even long after their distant shrieks fade, I remain crouched in a useless heap. Finally, as it begins to grow dark, I force myself to move. I know it is my fault that I keep getting hurt. There is no one to blame but myself. But I can’t stop myself. When I see an opponent, I have to fight. I will never turn down a challenge I stumble off into the darkening distance. Night turns to pitch black as I enter a cave--not for shelter, but simply because it is the path I am faced with. I emerge much later, and my bare paws meet snow. I walk until I can no longer feel my paws, for they have gone numb with cold. It takes me awhile to realize that I am no longer moving, but have instead fallen into the snow. I try to crawl a few more paces, but I am too weak, too tired. I have not eaten for almost three days now. I am exhausted and injured and I cannot go on. I am lost. Some part of my mind manages to register a dark shape approaching. My vision is blurred so that I cannot see, but the creature can only be an enemy. What else would approach one so weak and defenseless on a moonless night? My eyes slide shut slowly. This is it. This is the end. This is the death that awaits us at the end of a life, as short as mine might have been. I will face it with dignity and I will not cry. My name is Riolu, and I am no longer lost, but dying. There is no one to remember me and my brief existence in this world. But soon that won’t matter, because I will be dead. And I don’t care anymore. And so I let the darkness claim me.[hr][center][color=white]♣ [url=http://q.pokefarm.org/forum/post/346441][color=white][u]Go to next chapter[/u][/color][/url] ♣[/color][/center][/font][/color][/background][/css][IMG]http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2014/208/4/a/riolu_bottom1_by_brookreed-d7si9ib.png[/IMG]
Links:DeviantArtGeneration IV ClanMy FanfictionPilcrow Pines Art ShoppeMy JournalCurrent Mood: Entering the new age of art. Feel free to send me your art, fanfiction, and roleplays. I'm always willing to take a look at them. Like my signature and avatar? Commission your own at my art shoppe. ...Look at all this space I haven't used.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page