PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Life of a trainer >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Chapter 2 – Encounter in Lilan Town With Benny sitting on his shoulder and his hands tucked in the pockets of his trousers, Andy was walking through Lilan Town, one of the two large cities on Rhando Island. They have had their first practices on still targets and practiced both the string shot and the tackle, but the small Caterpie seemed eager to test his strength against a real opponent. A few feet away Andy noticed what seemed to be a Pokémon battle that just had started and he stopped to watch. A Quilava and a Fearow were standing on the opposite sites, their determined trainers right behind them. "Let's not challenge those trainers,” Andy said to his Caterpie. “Those Pokémon wouldn't stand a chance against you.” He grinned and winked to his Caterpie. “Gotta give them a fair chance to win." The Caterpie on Andy’s shoulder seemed amused by the remark and nodded to show his approval of the decision. A boy, a few years younger then Andy, gave him a sceptical look. "Are you serious?" he asked. "That Caterpie doesn't stand a chance against either of them." "I'm shocked that you say that!" Andy took Benny from his shoulder and held it under the boy’s nose in a swift movement. "Just look at how muscular he is!" The boy did look at Benny, who was sitting innocently and comfortably in Andy’s extended hands. "You really think that Caterpie would stand a chance against a Fearow or a Quilava?" the boy asked, disbelief dripping from his voice. "Of course!” Andy exclaimed. “About the same chance I have to catch an Articuno with a single Pokéball!" The boy looked at him very sceptically and Andy burst out in laughter as Benny crawled back to his shoulder. Of course Benny didn't stand a chance, he was both of a lower level and in a type disadvantage, but there was nothing wrong with some misplaced boasting. Andy shook his head as he walked away. Some people really didn't know sarcasm. They wouldn't recognize it if it would hit them in the face. And some were just to serious. But that didn't matter, it was all the more fun for him. "Let's find an opponent of your level," Andy said to Benny. "Or I'll give Henry a call, he wouldn't mind training with us." "Prie?" "Even though his Nidoran is stronger then you, he wouldn't battle to win, so it would be a good practice. But first I want to see how we do against a real opponent." Benny nodded in agreement and Andy nodded as well, also in agreement of his own remark. The walked on, well, Andy walked, Benny was sitting comfortably on his shoulder. "So, look who we have here," a voice behind them said. "Young Andy with a Pokémon." "I found him in the forest," Andy said, turning around. "And he wanted the come along." The man behind him smiled, giving his face a friendly appearance. A Houndoom was standing next to him, with his head held high, quietly observing what was going on. "Thomas, how have you been, old man?" Thomas shook Andy's hand, smiling friendly. "You've sure grown a lot since I last saw you, it won't be long and you'll be taller then me." "My goal in life," Andy said, grinning. "Are you keeping him out?" Thomas asked, pointing to the Caterpie on his shoulder. Andy shrugged, which resulted in Benny almost falling of his shoulder, but Benny managed to stay on. "It depends, I keep him in his Pokéball as well, but we're looking for an opponent today. Of course he has his say in the matter, it's going to be our first battle." Thomas nodded as he looked at the Caterpie. "If you want, you can visit me this weekend, he offered. “I can teach you a thing or two about Pokémon." "Great! We'll come bug you next weekend then. Right now we have to epically win a battle, see you!" Andy turned around and waved to Thomas while walking away, keeping his other hand in the pocket of his trousers.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page