PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in General Feedback thread

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > General Feedback thread >

Holmes's AvatarHolmes
Well after seeing the site as a member instead of just a lurker (and getting rid of the "PF Green" color XD), I have to say I like it more than I thought I would. The whole design of the site seems more complicated and I'm having trouble finding my way around... It'll take some getting used to obviously, I'm enjoying it for the most part so far. Sorry in advance if I sound a bit critical. This is all so new. I'm triyng not to compare to the old PF too much.
Er, I guess I'll start with things I don't really care for:

xx

Personally, I don't like the party page or user pages. It requires too much scrolling to click and I imagine that, once there are more users to click, clicking quickly would be a lot more difficult and take time to get used to. Maybe making the parties smaller, on your own party page or on user pages, could be an Ult. upgrade? If it's not already planned to make it smaller. Kind of like how you can have a smaller banner on regular PF with an Ult. account to reduce scrolling. Also I'm still not a big fan of how... "thin" the page is. Is there a way to change that in the skin settings? Or the background at least? It doesn't looks bad but the background is kind of distracting to me. I tried to get rid of it but I don't know how... Maybe I'm missing something? I mean the picture of the mountain or whatever it is. Maybe it isn't finished but I don't like how you can't see a preview of what you're typing on the "Full Editor" thing when making a post. ^^; It makes it harder for me. No more Mature subforum? ;^; I don't like how you can't sort users on the online list by whether you've clicked them or not, unless I've missed it. Farm page is too complicated for my liking. >w< The last thing I can think of for now is, honestly, it feels too much like GPX+ here. I don't know if that was what you were going for or not, but the design reminds me of it a lot even as a member and I still don't care for it much. I like the simplicity of PF over all of the hover-thingies, side-ways scrolling (farm page, etc), and super rounded corners/shadows... Again, it'll take some getting used to. Just giving my opinion on it. The design is very nicely done, though. It's just my personal preference.

And the good...

xx

I had trouble figuring out what some of the color options were for when making new skins but maybe that's just me. I love how it's easier, which is good for those who don't know anything about coding, and I especially love that we can make our own banners now. I like how the eggs are half-way ready to hatch already. Or maybe it was just the starter egg, I forget. Either way, it made things easier since there aren't many people here to click you yet. I hope it stays that way for the starters. It might make new users more likely to stick around. I kind of wish I'd picked Skitty as my starter again. XD I like how there are more starter options and you actually *know* what you're getting (I think with PF it was just the description of the eggs that you had to go on? I forget). The forums looks really nice and well put together. Only complaint with it is that the main forum sections (Suggestions, Announcements, Bugs) don't stand out much from the subforums in them. The Pokedex looks nice as well, I like how it shows you statistics on the page. Makes things easier. The "random eggs/Pokemon" thing is cool too. Though like someone else said, will this just make people rage more about 1-clickers, or will it make people be more understanding? Who knows. I like it either way. The animation for egg hatching is really cute. Though I can imagine it would get annoying during a shiny hunt. An option to disable it would be nice (though I haven't explored the Tools section much, so). I like how we can change the capitalization of our usernames. I still think charging a small fee (real money) would be cool for username changes though. Another site I used to be on charged $20 per change and it seemed to be really profitable for them. Like I said in the previous hide box, I don't care for the design much. But it does look very nice. c: Oh and I just discovered how much better the "edit post" thing is. OH! And I like how we can now make skins available for other users. I am so going to do that, like, a lot, once I get the hang of making skins on here.
Leaving this here for now because I'm too hungry to keep typing. xD I haven't explored a whole lot yet so I'll probably post again/edit this at some point.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page