PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Life of a trainer

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > Life of a trainer >

Loksfjoer's AvatarLoksfjoer
Chapter 1: The first Pokémon The sun send her warms rays of light to the earth below her, caressing the leaves of the tree, the grass, the rocks. she shone done on a picnic blanket where two boys, aged thirteen and fourteen were sitting and enjoying this fine summer day. "Ah what a great day!" the fourteen-year-old Andy exclaimed, turning his face to the sun for a moment, before he looked at his friend and winked. "You're free to say 'Wow Andy, this was a great idea of you! Fantastic! You rock!' at any time now.” Henri rolled his eyes and shook his head, but he grinned and turned to Andy. "Wow Andy, this was a great idea of you! Fantastic! You rock!" he repeated the words Andy had given him. The two boys looked at each other for a moment and then laughed together. After he shook his head once more, Henri took a large, yellow berry from the bag lying on the blanket and fed it to his pink Nidoran, while Andy was watching. The Nidoran seemed to enjoy the food and happily munched it away. "I heard you got third place in the Pokémon trainer competition in Mesperit City," Andy said as he looked at Henri. Henri nodded and fondly scratched Nidoran’s head, who gave a short, pleased cry before he turned his attention back at the remains of the berry. "Yes,” Henri said. “This little Nidoran did great." "I'd like to be a trainer." Andy folded his hands under his head and was lying on the grass, watching some clouds drift by. "But I'll need a Pokémon first. And those that professor Maple offered for beginning trainers just don't appeal to me." "Then you'll have to find a wild one." "Hm. Oh! I know! I'll catch myself an Articuno. That shouldn't be to hard, right?" Henry was rolling in the grass from laughter and Andy himself was laughing as well. Henry's Nidoran looked from the one to the other, but then turned his attention to the bag where the first berry had come from and checked to see if there were some more. "If you catch a legendary Pokémon just like that..." Henry began, but he was interrupted by Andy "No, not just like that. With a plain Pokéball!” Andy made a throwing motion. “In one throw." Still laughing, Henry continued: "Right, if you catch a legendary Pokémon just like that, you can skip being a trainer and call yourself Pokémon master from the start." "Pokémon master Andy...I like that." Andy knew very well that what he said would be impossible, but he liked to exaggerate and joking like this was one of his favourite past-times, although it sometimes annoy people that he was so rarely serious. That made it all the more fun really. But Henri seemed to be able to handle it quite well and it was probably why their friendship had survived so far. "You know," Henry said suddenly. "If Articuno fails, you can always go for Entei." Andy burst out in laughter, as did Henry. Henry often went along in his jokes and that was what Andy liked so much about him. But not only could they joke together, Andy knew Henry was a friend he could turn to when he needed help, as he would be there for Henry. Remembering he had sandwich with honey lying there, Andy got back up and reached for it, but his hand stopped half-way through. A Caterpie was munching on his sandwich. "What is this?" "That's a Caterpie," Henry told him. "You know, it may be shocking, but I know some Pokémon by name. I meant: what is that Caterpie doing here?" "Eating," Henry replied, very helpful. "You're no help at all." Andy leaned over to watch the Caterpie, who had stopped eating and looked at him with it’s big, black eyes. "You like that sandwich, little one?" The Caterpie still looked at him and nodded. "You can have it." Andy shoved the sandwich a bit in his direction. "There's plenty more for me." Taking another sandwich from the basket, without really checking what he had grabbed, Andy looked at Henry. "It's not an Articuno, but I like it. You think I should catch it?" "Do you have a Pokéball?" Andy shook his head, while swallowing a mouthful of his chicken-curry-salad sandwich. Henry reached into his backpack and threw a Pokéball to Andy, who plucked it from the air with one hand. "You can try to catch it," Henry said to his friend, scratching the head of his Nidoran, who enjoyed the treatment, "and I’ll even lend you my Nidoran for it, but you can also see if he wants to come with you. There have been Pokémon willing to go with humans before and this one doesn't seem to be afraid." Andy nodded, looking at the Caterpie while rolling the Pokéball from one hand to the next. Then he pushed the button to enlarge it. The Caterpie, who was done eating, watched him curiously. "I'm Andy," he said to the small bug-Pokémon. "And I want to be a Pokémon trainer. But for that I need a Pokémon, like yourself. Why don't you come with me? We can explore the world together, go on adventures, save the world and retire when we're thirty!" Henry sighed and Andy grinned. "Or, you know, participate in battles, get stronger and generally just have a good time together." The Pokémon looked at him with his head slightly tilted to the right. "If you're wondering what I can offer you,” Andy continued, “except of course for my awesome personality and stunning good looks, I can help you get stronger and I can offer shelter, food and friends." "Prieee?" "Not quite convinced? Hm, let me see." Andy watched the Pokémon as he was watching him and he reached out to it, to pet it on the head. "I'll take care of you, little one. You won't have to do anything you don't want to." A grin appeared, as Andy never stayed serious for a long time. "Or I can bribe you with honey!" Henry laughed when he heard the last remark, but stopped when he noticed the Caterpie crawl closer to Andy. "Don't say the honey bit did the job," Andy said, as surprised as Henry was. "No, I'd say he just likes you. Pokémon aren't stupid. Well, of course he likes honey, but I think you earned his trust with everything you said to him." Andy offered the Caterpie his hand and the Caterpie crawled on it and moved over the arm, straight to the shoulder. "If you want to come with me, you'll need a name." There was a serious look on Andy’s face, as he nodded to his own words. "I've got it! I'm going to name you Benny. What do you think?" The Caterpie nodded and a broad smile appeared on Andy's face. "Benny it is then. Welcome to my team...which consists of just you." Henry chuckled as he handed Andy a berry to feed his new found Pokémon.
~ Writer ~ Roleplayer ~ Collector of gems, jewels and fossils ~ My shop: Shop of shiny items My clan: Words of creation Avatar made for me by Armarouge
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page