PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas' >

Duskar's AvatarDuskar
Probably a moot point by now? But account locks and stuff. I just wanted to point out that the idea of ‘if the lock was only for double posting then it [paraphrasing] doesn’t matter’ is, in my view, stupid and not exactly a good exception to the rules that shouldn’t be broken. Not to mention, I’m pretty sure a lock for double posting requires many offences, or the user being belligerant about it. Staff aren’t going to lock your account because you accidentally hit ‘post’ twice. However, breaking the ‘no double posting’ varies between users. For example, I have reported a handful of posts where the user either blatantly said ‘I know it’s against the rules but bump’ or ‘I’m not sure if this is against the rules but bump’ It’s not hard - the rules are linked on every page D: These people showed either blatent disregard for the rules, or didn’t bother to check them when they were uncertain - and the site rules question thread exists for a reason. Newbies shouldn’t be mentored by people like this. A person who accidentally hits ‘post’a second time, whether it be misclick or slow connection is a less serious offender than the above mentioned. Plus the user is warned by staff that they have broken a rule. This in mind, ideally an offense should only happen once. But that’s irrelevant if a cooldown system is in play. I [hopefully correctly] assume that staff would look at a users history as well as an application. A form is not the greatest idea in my view. Anyone can easily look up the information needed, but not actually know it. How many times did you regurgitate information in school? I think an interview would work better than a form. Think like a job interview, I suppose? An interview, in a roleplay-like situation would allow the assessor to get a better feel of the potential mentor, especially personality-wise. For example, the wiki has a lot of information to digest. If I were a newbie, I certainly wouldn’t want someone slapping a wiki link in my face :0 The wiki makes sense to a lot of people, but some of us sit there scratching our heads going ‘wat’. A roleplay interview situation would of course give an idea of suitability as a mentor. It shows you who is patient, who is friendly, and so on. But still, any ‘one off’ thing can be faked, which is where check-ins take effect. A three way conversation allowing for private discussion :0
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page