PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas' >

Duskar's AvatarDuskar
You keep mentioning that you’re under 18, Cyndavlosion, and I think we get it. You want to be a mentor, it’s just been personally bugging me that you keep going on about it, no hard feelings meant :0
Misunderstanding, to be clarified :0
However, age can actually mean a lot. As Calcanthite said, it’s generally pretty easy to tell the difference between a 10 year old speaking and a 20 year old speaking. Generally. You’ll find that adults are more likely than a child to adapt to a situation - as an adult, you have more experiences and knowledge to pull from. You can go ‘oh, this person doesn’t understand this, so I’ll explain it completely differently’. You’ll find that children usually stick to a simpler vocabulary, and ‘child’ words can be completely different to ‘adult’ words [no not talking about cursing >_>]. For example, try asking an average child and an average adult about how a car works - they’ll most likely give two different answers. Yes I understand that children can be ‘mature’, however, child maturity and adult maturity are two different things in my mind. Speaking in general, children have less experience guiding another person - acting as a mentor - than an adult. Again, adults have more experiences to pull from - their own childhood. Additionally, I don’t think ‘time played’ is that good an indicator. Nor is ‘recent time played’. Someone can leave for a few months, maybe even weeks, and have to relearn a bunch of things. How much you ‘play’ a week can easily be manipulated - not pointing fingers at anyone. As an example, I always have PFQ open in a tab on whatever browser window I’m on. When I’m browsing the internet, or playing other webgames or whatever I will typically check in on PFQ and refresh the page, thus making me ‘active’. Altermatively, you could also have someone who posts all the time on the forums, but not know a thing about the core of the game itself - maybe they don’t even know about contests [somehow?] Or maybe an active person really only shiny/melan/albibo hunts, and is thus out of touch with the forum side of things. A newbie needs more than an active person - they need someone who is familiar with a large majority of site fearures, and who isn’t afraid to direct the newbie to someone more knowledgeable, rather than just saying ‘idk’. The wiki can only do so much. And the way it’s worded isn’t always obvious to me personally sometimes. A newbie may be, and I loathe using this as an example, someone with a mental condition which affects the way they think [Autism, for example]. As someone who is autistic, I suck at understanding written things. I need someone who can give physical demonstrations to help me understand. And not everyone is willing to meet me halfway in that respect. So that possibly makes this an issue, in that mentors need to be willing to change to the situation. I’d write more but I gotta get back to work :0
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page