PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas'

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Discussion > Pokefarm Mentors; Discussion 'Ideas' >

Sumeragi's AvatarSumeragi
I could see the age thing going both ways, but I would have to say maybe keep them generally grouped together? People who are similar ages generally understand each other a bit better than a 21 year old explaining the site to a 10 year old. Of course, you'd still want to make sure that a 12 year old mentoring a 10 year old is still knowledgeable about the ins and outs of the site and as for the older people(and everyone really) to make sure that they are honest about the information they are giving and aren't just using their mentees to gain specific items for cheap. Personally, I think two people who are the same age tend to get along better and are able to make a connection a bit better than a 21 year old would with a 10 year old, just because they have the similiarity between the two, and potentially may even make a good friend in the run. After all, being a mentor isn't just about explaining the features and the logistics of the site, it's also about building that relationship and making sure they're enjoying their time here so that they may stay and actually become part of the community. It's a customer service job and the mentor is 'selling' the site to the newbies with their knowledge and experience of the site all the while, needing to make a positive connection with their mentee and making them feel welcome- something I believe would be done easier if the mentor and the mentees were within a few years of each other.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page