PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in The Frozen Princess

Forum Index > Other > Other FF > Completed Other FF > The Frozen Princess >

Zorualord14's AvatarZorualord14
The Castle & the Cloak She SO didn't want to be here, especially when there were visitors. The castle was always cold and quiet, creaks echoing through the halls. She was 15, and the most isolated teen in the world, and it probably didn't have anything to do with the fact she was in a royal family. Footsteps echoed across the tiles, 3, maybe 4. She sighed, her breath frosting the air. That earned her a hit on the wrist from her maiden, so she gripped her wrist in her hand, slightly cursing at her stupid maiden. “Stand up straight, seem lively.” Her 'crankiness' said. Polar did as she was bid, silently praying the maiden tripped down the long, overly over washed staircase plummeting to a truly, tragic death. 3 people, finely dressed in blue. Sapphires, Polar thought sheepishly. An older woman wore a long sleeve dress crested in sapphires. Her face was long and boring, hair a dark brunette, pinned in a bun. The man beside her was older though, grey smooth hair in a dark blue suit. His ugly hands were covered in rare rings, probably some stuck up rich man too deeply drowned in his riches to care which royal he met yet, let alone want to. The younger girl between them seemed as old as Polar, caramel long hair, neatly tied in a ponytail. She wore white clothing, jeans and a T-shirt in fact, with a blue cloak pinned on with a large glistening sapphire. Her face was soft and lightly tanned, probably too spoiled to think about how stupid she really looks. Polar bowed unpleasantly, and the 3 bowed in return. "I apologise but it seems my highnesses are out. I am Princess Polar and I welcome you to follow my maiden to some delightful tea," Polar said keeping it polite and welcoming. The woman nodded approvingly, "Dear Polar, why not take my daughter Izzy, for a tour while Evan and I follow your maiden." The Duchess said, but Polar hated company, too bad. "Of course, Princess Izzy, will you walk with me?" Polar answered, holding her arm out, gesturing her to follow. Izzy lazily gripped her arm, and followed Polar up the marble steps, out of site, thank God. “I love your hair, is it natural?” The question surprised Polar, maybe she was at all a bit normal. "Yes, it's natural, you like it?" Polar said forcing a smile, moving her snow white hair behind her ear. "Of course. I've never seen hair like it. I also love your white dress, it is stunning." She said smiling back. Polar giggled as they slowly walked down the empty hallway. Polar tried to pull on a very pommy accent. "Oh darling, I know. It is so gorgeous! The base is glossy and silk, and the gloves just go with silk my dear. The criss-cross patterns of silver burst with radiance, and shadows the base perfectly, outlining the complete shape of my body, and no jewels attached. Stunning darling, gorgeous!" The girls burst out laughing, completely going against the rules of royalty. They shouldn't even exist, royalty, what a joke. A sweet silence hung in the hallway as they turned the corner, smiling peacefully. "Polar," Izzy broke the silence, her ponytail swinging in the motion of her head. "Why do you wear gloves, I mean, they're awful and you can never grip anything!! It's crazy!" Her sudden question was odd. Polar was unsure if she should say anything. Nobody can know, A voice repeated. She was scared yes, but this was a secret so huge it wanted to burst. After a brief moment of heavy silence, Polar sighed and made up her mind. "Can I tell you a secret?" An icy cold chill hit her head, ruining her ponytail, wetting her cloak. The snow hit the carpet with a slosh, but no matter, Izzy was laughing to hard. Polar was chasing her down the hallway, making a mess, soaking the halls of the golden palace. Polar shot another snowball from her bare hands, her hair tangled in a white mess. The snowball hit Izzy in the back, and she playfully squealed as icy snow stung her skin, throbbing, running into her fine clothing. Izzy stopped and turned around to Polar, laughing to hard to say anything. Wet snow melted beautifully on the carpet. Polar started to slow as she approached Izzy puffing, but suddenly she squealed, and dropped onto her knees, eyes closed, hands to head. Her hands turned pale. Izzy was unsure if it was a joke, until a black shadow appeared, and seemed to cover Polar, turning her hair black. Izzy screamed. "Nobody can know, hide yourself." The cloak screeched. Polar was in a black void, a nightmare, a real nightmare. She couldn't move, her heart started to beat at new extremes. Polar wanted to run, but she was stuck, she couldn't move anything. The cloak was a spirit, ripped and tattered, black poison, evil. "Go away!" Polar yelled desperately, but it only got closer. "Nobody can know!" It screeched louder. "Please, I'm sorry, please no!" She yelled crying. "Nobody, Polar!" It was almost in front of her, dark, confronting. "Please, leave me alone!" It extended a long claw like hand, old black and withered, reaching for her. "Nobody! Polar!" It was almost at her, it's deafening screech filled her ears, repeated her name, louder, louder, closer and closer. Then the world vanished, and she was back. Polar's ears rung, her hands gripped her white hair, which was ice cold and frosted. She was shaking, and her mother gripped her arms, repeating her name, talking. Tears rolled down Polar's face, ice cold but not affecting her in a bad way. "Polar, can you hear me, Polar." Her mother repeated gently. She slowly brought her hands down, falling into her mothers arms. She crossed her arms, holding her elbows, eyes shut tight. "Quick, bring me her gloves." Her mother said. Her mother ran her fingers through Polar's frosted hair, her warmth melting it slowly. "Polar, you have to open your eyes dear, please," her mother whispered to her, urging her. Through shock and fear, slowly she opened her blue eyes. The world was white, so bright it hurt, but it faded, and her swollen eyes were red in tears. "Good girl, Polar. Let me slip your gloves on dear." She slipped on her gloves, helping her to warm her cold hands, slow her rapid heart. "I am so sorry, Duchess Abbey and Duke Marx, it is my fault, truly." Izzy told Polar's mother, in a concerned, rushed tone. Surprisingly, Polar found her shattered voice, head spinning madly. Her voice chattered through her shaking body, frail and weak. "How long was I out for?" Her mother's gaze flickered from Izzy to Polar, calm. "Izzy dear, do not blame yourself, it was an accident. Polar, you were out for about 30 minutes." She said, but Polar wanted to talk more. "When did you get home?" Her voice, her mother's voice mostly, made her confident, and reassured her. "About 10 minutes ago, hush. Someone take Polar to her bed." Her mother said as a maiden reached out to support Polar down the hallway. That's when Duchess Eva lashed in. "How can you care for such a child!? She is cursed!" Eva yelled at Abbey, rudely shouting. "I’m sorry, but can you pl-" Abbey tried to calm her down, but she was on a rage. Polar was moving step by step down the hallway, still terribly shaken, ears ringing. "You aren't even her parents, are you?! She is a MONSTER!!" She yelled, but then everything fell quiet. Polar heard, and it echoed through her head. 'Monster' it echoed, fuelling her with hatred and pure hurt. Standing straight, energy suddenly regained, Polar turned towards Eva, fingers clenched in fist. Through heat and an eerie chill, she spoke, softly but in a menace way. "I am not, a monster." The room went cold, heating the tension in the air. Her gloves frosted up, even though it was thought impossible to work through them. Duchess Eva reached out and grabbed Izzy's arm. "Come on, let's go." Eva said in such a way she seemed frightened. Once they were out of sight, Polar looked at her frozen hands. "Mum, I-I think I’m getting stronger..."
A World of Sprites and Animation Await you!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page