PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Introduce Magikarp Patterns from "Magikarp Jump" for Fishing Hut

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed > Introduce Magikarp Patterns from "Magikarp Jump" for Fishing Hut >

mybulbasaur's Avatarmybulbasaur

QUOTE originally posted by Zen

But what about shiny Magikarp? It has a pattern in the game which they call gold pattern, it's not called a shiny. Heck it's just a rare pattern in the game like the pink patterns. What would be done about it? Would they make another gold Karp just to call it gold pattern? And all the rare patterns, would they also be rare here? Pink and Gold patterns are rare, with more patterns after pink, which I'm sure are also considered rare. Not to mention the everstone. If you break the stone, the Karp will evolve. I only had it happen with a gold pattern, but my guess is the Gyrados keeps the pattern from the Karp, which I'm going to test soon. If it does, then there's also the Gyrados sprite that'll have to be edited to match the Karp patterns.
I feel like that would be up to the PFQ staff, whether certain patterns should be more rare than others just as in the app itself. Personally I feel they should all be equally hard/easy to get, especially considering the fact that being able to breed patterns would eventally make the pink patterns as easy to obtain as the standard pattern anyway. The gold pattern should simply remain as shiny Magikarp, more specifically the shiny for the standard pattern. I suppose introducing all these patterns means that they'd have to have shiny, albino, and melan versions as well, and I feel these would gradually be added to the site as that's (obviously) a lot of sprite editing to be done. In regards to evolving into Gyarados, different patterns do not affect its appearance; they all evolve into normal Gyarados. If they're shiny, then of course they evolve into shiny Gyarados, but the patterns themselves do not pass on during evolution.
I hoard Bulbasaur and its evolutions! Donations are always appreciated! Avatar created by myself for myself.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page