PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Staff Transparency Results

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Staff Transparency Results >

So, after a week + of the Improving Staff Transparency thread being up, we've finally got to an ultimate conclusion on what we think will be the most widely accepted working model. Here, I'll do my best to explain it to the public - As we've already had a large discussion on this, replies to this thread will be closed, but if there are any concerns, please address them via. a PM to me, personally, and I'll take them on-board / answer them to the best of my capabilities.
Now, whilst we want to improve our transparency, a number of users expressed their concerns at having minor things listed for all to see. Ultimately, this would wind up with us further punishing people, when they may only deserve say, a day's ban or mute, and they may never break a rule again, as the first and only time was an accident (eg. having 4 trade threads and not realising it). So, we've come up with a sort of compromise. Instead of having ALL bans listed with their generic reasons, we've come up with the idea of, on a user's ban-page, having a toggle-able option to make the information "public". Of course, the default setting would be "Private". Minor bans / punishments would not be made public. They would remain private. Repeat offenders (3/4+ times) may have their ban knowledge made public, depending on the situation - but it should be primarily avoided unless the user gives reason for it to be made public (eg. User A Sends PM to User B claiming, "I was muted for no reason"). Major bans (eg. Situations where an individual is extremely offensive / certain degress of scamming / knowledgeable art theft / earns a permanent ban) will be made immediately public. This only applies to the bans that are, as I said, "Major". A list will be compiled within a few days, at latest, on what is deemed Minor>In-between the two>Major. I understand that "In-between the two" is a very vague category, but we'll do our best to make the information as clear as possible. Also, please understand that we cannot list every single situation, and we do have to take everything on a case-by-case basis - Just because something is in "Minor", does not mean that it will NEVER be shown publicly. It is merely a guideline, and nothing more. Additionally, if the ban information is made public, then there will also be some manner of indication, on a banned individuals user page, that they are banned for "x" reason. This will not restrict gameplay in any way, shape or form, and is merely an extension of the information being made public on the ModWatch, to the user's page - so that if an individual were to not seek out the information in the ModWatch, they would still see it on the page they are more likely to visit. Ps. A poll will be added later. Bed time for now, I have to be up for work in 4 hours >w>;
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page