PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Further improvements to staff transparency

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Further improvements to staff transparency >

Sure we are. We're scary, don'cha know! :P Seriously, I can understand why people will look at any form of staff and be a little "aaahhhhh~" sorta-thing. I was that way myself beforehand, but that's because I had a run-in with a member of staff when I first joined the site, and that kinda coloured my view of staff as a general. Thing is, once I kinda told someone about the situation that occurred... Well, turned out that individual wasn't going to be on-staff much longer to begin with, so it kinda evened things out a little - then I got to know a bunch of people, who I can say are most definitely not the people I initially thought they were! They're normal members of the site now, and I'm in a Skype chat with them. Just goes to show, really - you should get to know someone before you judge them. It's a lesson I learned personally ^-^
Anyways. I'd like to point out that the concept of this is far far far from "Naming and shaming". We don't want to enforce that ideal, but we know it's something that's going to kinda come along with it. We only want to show people the serious offences so that we're not under any of this scrutiny from people who go around spreading lies. We'll probably have to make a kinda 'search' function for the Mod Watch, I think... But I think it'd be best to have that restricted to staff so that we don't get people just using the search function to try and dig up information on their latest 'enemy' and such. The information's located on people's ban pages, too, but if we just want to be displaying ONE specific reason that they were banned, then we don't want to be showing their entire ban history, so... Yeah. >w>: Thing is, we don't mind people having opinions. We honestly don't. But if people are basing their opinions on falsified information and assumptions, then we're obviously going to be inclined to correct them. Or we'll find someone being rather rude about someone, talking about them and basically name-calling in any which way, spreading misinformation through their talk... And yes, that's rule 10! (via. PF1 rules) Most of the time we just ask "How did you come to think this?" - try to figure out why they think this, you know? If there's a genuine reason, then obviously that's something we can work on. If it's them being ignorant and believing lies and making assumptions - about anyone - then we have every right to correct them, or in worst-case scenario's... Apply the rules to them. Sometimes it's the only way to make people learn, and it really is quite sad.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page