PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shifting Fates

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shifting Fates >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 45

After fiercely rubbing her eyes, Kaname squinted and looked around. “At least the world’s not on fire this time.” She kept squinting as if her vision hadn’t completely cleared. “You know, my dreams completely suck, but being around you is freaking scary sometimes.” “How do you think I feel? None of this started until you showed up.” She jabbed him in the shoulder. “Don’t you dare try to blame this on me.” With her best fake scowl, Kaname pointed a warning finger at him. Then her stomach growled. Her eyes drifted. Rondrio tilted his head. “How are you still hungry after all you ate this mornin’?” “My stomach is none of your business! Let’s just get to your house as quickly as we can.” Inhaling deeply, he looked down the road. The fact that there was no traffic at all comforted him a little. His legs were regaining their strength since the shaking lessened. The siren from that police car sounded a distance away. He believed he could run if he needed to. “You come up with somethin’ better than jumpin’ in front of the truck?” he asked while pointing back at her shoes. “Because I’m still not lettin’ you do that.” While Kaname shakily crouched to pick up her heels, they heard a loud screeching moments before a crash. She stared up at Rondrio. “Is it too much to hope that was the truck?” “Let’s just go.” Rondrio reached a hand back. Kaname swiped her heels and stumbled for his hand. The armor still left her rattled and maybe him too. No way would she be able to run yet. She still speedily walked by his side, both warily leering towards the highway the closer they got to the intersecting street. As soon as they ran past the street sign that labeled the intersecting road “LaBreau Lake”, the white truck roared into view on the highway and swerved onto LaBreau Lake with a loud screech. Kaname gasped and pulled back. In her attempt to run back the way they’d come, Rondrio was jerked off balance a moment before her fingers slipped from his grasp. Yanked in a half-twisting motion, he fell backwards and banged his right elbow and knee against the asphalt in a panicked effort to brace himself. Even worse than the pain spiking through his limbs, he now faced the vehicle bearing down on him! There was no time to move! The truck swerved again in the last moment to avoid hitting him, but its front bumper clipped a nearby telephone pole. A loud pop sounded. The truck lifted off the ground as Rondrio squeezed his eyes shut and shielded his head as if it would do any kind of good. He flinched hard when metal crashed loudly against the ground once, then twice. But not against him. He shouted when glass shards pelted his arms and body. But he only opened his eyes again when agonizing screams reached his ears over a continuously blaring horn. Panting heavily and trembling all over again, Rondrio lifted his head to see the crumpled vehicle on its roof and rocking halfway in the grass next to the road. What he didn’t see was Kaname. “Kaname!” he shouted while clumsily crawling toward the wreck. His knee really hurt when he tried to get his feet under him, but he had to get to her. He had to see if she was okay. When he circled the truck and spotted blood splattered across the grass…
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page