PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shifting Fates

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shifting Fates >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 43

“Remember?” His face went from deep frustration to utter confusion in a blink. “The other dream! Go get your Bible!” she commanded while reaching down to snatch the black heels from her feet. Kaname beckoned for him to hurry and started down the narrow road. “What ‘other’ dream?” Rondrio asked after running back to her with his Bible in hand. Holding her shoes in one hand, she grabbed his free hand with hers. “I had a second dream… one where you were alive!” Kaname pulled him into a dash across the asphalt surface. Her legs still sore, she pushed on while realizing the siren they’d heard was getting louder. She stopped running a moment before Rondrio. They both looked back. A white pickup barreled south along the highway with a blaring police car on its tail. “Come on!” Kaname urged, pulling him again. “Was that the truck?!” Rondrio shouted after nearly losing his balance. “What are you doin’?!” “Trust me!” They ran to the next intersection where she stopped to see which direction matched her death dream. “You were fine in the second dream. You said I saved you by jumping in front of the truck.” Rondrio flinched. “What?! You’re not doing that! And you never said anythin’ about having other kinds of dreams!” “Because I never had any…” She looked up at him, hoping her uncertainty wasn’t showing too plainly on her face. “…at least none that I can remember. But this one didn’t feel like just a dream. It was different from the death dreams, but…” Her vision locked on the road heading south from the intersection, and she could perfectly picture Rondrio walking along it. Dropping her shoes, she pointed down the path and stepped past him. “This is the way you walk home, right?” He snatched her arm. “Hold it! What are you sayin’? You think this second dream is also showin’ you a possible future?” “I think both were showing me a choice.” She needed to believe that. Her dreams started going wrong the moment she met him. That couldn’t have been a coincidence. So, as long as she kept him out of harm’s way… “I think I can choose which dream to follow.” He would not release his grip on her arm, and it was starting to hurt. “What if it was just a normal dream?!” “I don’t even know what those are!” she fired back before wrenching free from his grip. “Just let me protect you from this!” His features softening from anger into shock, Rondrio took her by the shoulders—gently this time—and turned her around to face the sharp edge of a giant blade inches away from her face! Gasping loudly, Kaname stumbled back into Rondrio. He kept her from falling as a towering figure of fiery armor emitting a bright light took one step forward to ensure its sword remained pointing directly at them.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page