PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Welcome to the Recode!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Welcome to the Recode! >

long quote

QUOTE originally posted by Camwoodstøck

I'm sorry, but I REALLY don't like this idea that the shop is "useless" because of user trade shops, and I'm sick of having to hold back my stress about this topic. • People who hoard Pokemon that evolve via evolution stones are officially screwed now that there's no such thing as bulk purchases. • The art staff's work on the shop doors for when it was simply down for renovating? It's all rendered moot now. All that effort is simply wasted. Imagine putting your heart and soul into something and the person who told you to make it tore it to shreds with no reaction. You'd be upset! • It's now possible to be banned from the shop. Not just via shop blacklists, no. I mean, trade bans & forum bans now make it IMPOSSIBLE to buy the shop. So now, you can feasibly be banned fom what was a core mechanic. And god forbid you run a shop, too; you can feasibly be banned from your own shop now. And that would just be cruel irony back in pre-recode or PF1, but now that the official shop is branded "useless" in favor of these, it really, really stings. • Don't want to buy from a shop? You're forced to pray to RNGsus that that scour mission brings back an evolution item, or a box with one inside. And if you didn't get the one you wanted, you're forced to wait for an entire hour before even having a chance. • The argument that it being there for people who don't like interactions being a bad argument... is a bad argument; social anxiety is a serious issue, but the difference between interracting for a shop and interracting with someone's Pokemon is you don't need to approach that person personally to even interract with them. They are two vastly different things, one of which is one that dones't require triggering social anxieties by approaching someone directly and having to write them a message asking if you can buy something from them. And I sincerely hope you can tell which one that is. • Saying it's more "fun" is also absurd. Imagine if in the regular games, you could only find Potions in the item balls in the overworld, or via Pickup, and the Pokemarts were entirely gone. It'd be misery! You'd be forced to know someone who plays the game, or buy a different copy and possibly a new game system that can play it, just in the pursuit of extra potions, and thusly, to even play the game properly. What you find fun, others might find unbearable to have to do. •I get the idea of increasing awareness in trade shops, and I get the idea of increasing player-to-player activity, but forcing it is just a horrible way of going about it. And before you say trade evolutions already force player-to-player activity, that stuff usually doesn't require a payment of in-game items, and takes a mere trust exercise in strangers, and even if said stranger screws you over, you can actually report it. • No, evolution stones ARE in the shops in the games, so don't say they weren't. Celadon city did this explicitly since without a merchant in the games to sell the evolution stones, they would become finite items and it'd be possible to screw yourself out of a maximum PokeDex, even with both games and 2 consoles, provided you burnt all your evolution stones of one type on one evolution when you didn't have the other one's evolution. • While it's likely not intentional, it REALLY comes off as a blatantly telling people who run these shops to do the work for the staff. Again, I don't think that's what the message was meant to be, but it REALLY comes off as though the staff is forcing people who own these trade shops to be the ones to sell these items, as opposed to having to create a recoded shop. • And it wouldn't even be so bad if evolution items were common as dirt. If you got them easily through boxes or scours, or you purchased them from the Lab or Wishforge, I might be less obligated to complain. But no such luck; they're still rare/you get a wonderful reward of a 1-4 berries, or even worse, nothing. This entire idea of removing the shop does nothing positive, and everything it does hurts the game for everybody in some fashion. I guess I can understand some of the logic to it, but the thing is that that logic is completely flawed in my opinion.
I 100% agree with this! How can you guys claim the recode is complete when there's no shop!?
~Credit for my lovely new avatar goes to AnonymousEspeon~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page