PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Regarding Art Theft >

OceanBound's AvatarOceanBound

QUOTE originally posted by Amitia

Niet;; I did read the copyright information before posting, I am aware of its existence. But it did not provide the information that I was looking for. It does not have a link to a "screenshot, PM, note, email, or whatever" that Nintendo has agreed that it is okay to use the sprites. I think I read in old PF regarding the matter that Nintendo had simply replied "We don't care", and I can believe they really do not until someone makes $5 billion out of their stuff. But I would still like to see it for the principle of it (and out of curiosity). It covers the main point of the whole site, after all. Same curiosity applies for Holly's NPC picture, I simply wanted to know who made it. Unless I missed a sentence, copyright just covered the code, UI graphics and sprites.
I feel you're missing the idea that a staff member created the Holly sprite (and the Gen VI) sprites. They, actually, don't need credit since it's the STAFF'S work. Yeah, sure, I'd love to know who made them--but if I'm understanding how PF1 worked, they don't need to credit when the staff makes the sprites/art. I mean, the art for the PokeDex isn't credited to the staff member who made it. So, honestly--you're trying to make a huge deal out of everything that PFQ does, but they have everything covered in the Copyright. Niet even mentioned that the copyright needed an update, so I'm sure he'll include a few extra things. And, as far as Nintendo sprites go with Pokemon? They're free to use. And PFQ isn't making money on THE SPRITES THEMSELVES. They're making money based on the mechanics. I mean, even though we buy--for example-- the yellow flute, we don't own the yellow flute anymore than we own the Pokemon games if we bought a copy of Pokemon X and Y. (Might be a bit of extreme examples here, but... I hope my point is understood.)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page