PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Regarding Art Theft >

Honestly, Amitia, I sincerely appreciate your opinion on the matter, and also understand where you're coming from - but if you look at the first post, you'll find reasons as to why these rules must be enforced (and always have been). In comment to your note on "Who made NPC Holly and says it can be used". Well, that would be the PFQ-Staff themselves, or rather specifically, my girlfriend, Sei. She made it for the site, under the 'employment' (If you will) of the site. So the site's own staff made that image, essentially making it property of the site itself. As Niet also stated, there is copyright information located at the bottom of every page - Here's a screenshot for clarification on the location of the copyright information And whilst I must say, you are sadly rather correct about people doing what they want to do, or generally thinking that they can do as they please, just... relatively speaking... The fact remains that this simply isn't the case. People are not allowed to do as they please. Believe me, if we felt that it wasn't beneficial in any way to stop art theft, we wouldn't be enforcing these rules. But both morally and in terms of the law, we cannot simply forgo enforcing such a large rule. What do I mean by morally? Taking someone's artwork and not giving them credit is just wrong. If I saw someone using any single one of the 'Sona drawings that Sei has done of any of my three active RP characters without express permission, tables would be flipped - and where possible, action would be taken. If that means getting the images simply removed, then so be it. If that means forcing action through lawful threats because the images weren't removed, so be it. I am jumping steps there, I admit, but I'm just making a point and nothing more. A lot of this is simply about one very very simple concept. Respect. Something that, sadly, a lot of people seem to lack, these days.
That said, let me post something else to explain why we're enforcing this rule: CLICK THIS LINK FOR A COMIC! Not only that, but check it out! I asked the artist for permission to use this, and have even linked directly to that artist's tumblr account. Ain't I just amazing! - Permission to use the above comic Sarcasm and jokes aside - that took ONE DAY. That's all. Was it worth it? YES! DO YOU SEE HOW HAPPY I MADE HER JUST BY GOING OUT OF MY WAY TO ASK. DO YOU KNOW WHY THAT MADE HER HAPPY!? BECAUSE SOMEONE ASKED. THAT IS A RARITY. SOMEONE. ACTUALLY. ASKED.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page