PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shifting Fates

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shifting Fates >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 10

Mr. Davidson nodded. “Make sure you’re not giving them.” When Rondrio nodded in response, Mr. Davidson returned his attention to the chalkboard. Rondrio glanced over at Lashay who was suddenly very interested in her algebra book. He smirked. He’d only known her for a few days, but she didn’t seem the type to be heavily interested in equations with letters. She was cute though, which made him wonder if he’d made a mistake ignoring Reneé’s offer. Hmph… as if that mattered now. He scribbled a one-word response and started folding the paper when the bell rang. Students immediately shoved books and folders into their backpacks. Rondrio dropped the note into Lashay’s open pack as she was preoccupied with slipping papers into her folder. She would find it eventually, but at the moment, he chose to stay focused on the freshman beach tradition. Quickly clearing his desk, he zipped his backpack and hurried toward the door. He only had five minutes to get to English class at the opposite end of the hall, but maybe if he checked the snack machines in the main lobby first… It’s worth a shot anyway. I really don’t wanna wait ’til last period to ask Reneé if she’s goin’ to the beach. Heading up the hall toward the lobby, Rondrio searched the growing crowd of students carefully. Why couldn’t he remember what she was wearing? Near the principal’s office, the hallway branched to the left, leading directly into the lobby. He followed a small group of students heading in that direction when someone yanked hard on his right arm. Thrown off balance, his backpack slipped from his shoulder and nearly made him fall. Fortunately, he steadied himself before that could happen, but he was instantly curious to who wanted his attention so badly. A scowl immediately covered his face. “Oh, what the heck! You a stalker or somethin’?!” “What are you doing?” Principal Lockwood asked while taking hold of that same dang Asian girl who somehow managed to stick around school through first period. “I’m serious,” she said. “You can’t go to the beach.” How had she not been kicked off campus yet? Rondrio jerked his arm, but the girl wouldn’t let go. “Get your hands off me!” “Only if you—” “Shut up! I’m going!” By the time Rondrio realized he had been slapped square in the face, his own fingers had curled into tightly clenched fists and the principal stood between them. Through simultaneous chants of “ooh,” several students surrounding them stopped to provoke the thoughts screaming in his head. Punching her in the jaw felt like the only way to respond… but her face. Her eyes. Even though she looked mad and ready to slap him again, she was doing everything she could to keep tears from escaping her eyes. What was this chick’s malfunction?
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page