PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Shifting Fates

Forum Index > Other > Original Fiction > Completed Original Fic > Shifting Fates >

KadiroKapira's AvatarKadiroKapira

Part 8

The girl whipped her head around to Pat and then back to him. “In what? What did you just do?” Rondrio folded his arms and leaned back in his seat. “I’m going to the beach tomorrow.” It took all the control he had to not laugh at the dumbfounded look that popped up on her face. “What did I just say? You can’t go to the beach!” Rondrio sprang up from his desk. “You ain’t the boss of me! And don’t you ever tell me what I can’t do!” “Excuse me! Married couple in the back!” Ms. Shield hadn’t moved from behind her desk, but the scowl across her face made Rondrio glad she hadn’t. “The only one who shouts in this room is me! And miss, you don’t belong here! So I suggest you leave before I make you leave!” The girl stared into his eyes a few seconds longer. Rondrio sensed something beyond her frustrations, but he couldn’t comprehend it before she turned and stormed out of the room.
He didn’t even give her a chance! The idiot blatantly—purposely—ignored what she said! Kaname huffed. She had to calm down before confronting him again. No matter what, she had to talk him out of that trip by tonight. That didn’t give her much time to convince him, but maybe if she could hang around campus until lunch… She stopped when her eyes locked on the door to the principal’s office. Maybe there was a safer way to buy time. She yanked the door open just as a tall, balding man had reached for the opposite knob. He gazed at her as if he was trying to recall her face. “Sorry,” she hurried, “but are you the principal?” The man adjusted his gray, plaid vest and peered down at her through bronze, horn-rimmed glasses. “Principal Lockwood. And you are?” There were really people named Lockwood? She blinked and then blurted out, “I want to enroll here.” His face growing concerned, the man looked up and down the hall. “I don’t see your parents. Are they outside?” The question knocked her off guard. Of course he would ask that. She should’ve gotten over it now, but every time someone mentioned her parents she would choke up and lose focus. Kaname quickly shook her head. “I’m alone.” She could see his mind trying to work through the confusion and concern. Lying had become easy over the years, especially when she knew someone’s life was at stake. The hard part was telling a convincing lie people had less of a problem believing. She needed to come up with a better one and quick. “What’s your name?” he asked.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page