PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Regarding Art Theft

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Regarding Art Theft >

Dracowolfie's AvatarDracowolfie
While I think it is a good idea to step up the standards for controlling art theft, good luck trying to verify every image on this whole website. Most of the images people use are free use, or official content. Many artists themselves could care less whether people people use their stamps, GIF's, and icons (most commonly used everywhere), and I'd say this level of monitor should really only matter for fan art, or full-drarwn pieces. You have to expect tons of questions, because this is is first site I've seen make an attempt at being very strict in the images people use. This is the internet, after all. It'll be near impossible to find the owner of some things, and thus not being able to use them take away something very great from the internet. I'm not saying art theft isn't serious, I am an artist myself, intending to be professionally. I just think it's a bit extreme to ban hammer somebody posting a picture of something they like if they didn't write a full report on every exact detail about it. They are not selling it (and if they are that is indeed cause for concern), it's simply posing a small picture. I can see this being relevant in RP forums where people may claim various internet characters as their own, but writing a "Works Cited" page for the GIF's in one's signature seems a bit silly and impossible to manage. I just hope people don't become afraid to post a picture. (I was also curious in the case of character "adoptables" bought from another artist - while I'm not one who buys character designs, how would it make sense to have to credit the original artist? If you have paid for the art, the ownership of the design transfers to the buyer.)
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page