PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in What Hides Behind This Promise

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > What Hides Behind This Promise >

FireFox Leafy's AvatarFireFox Leafy

Chapter 6

Background Music "Well, it's only logical that I know your name," the Darkrai replied. "After all, I attend the same school as all of you." Kiera shared a confused glance among her friends. She didn't know HOW this Darkrai knew Keegan's name, but she did know that their school did not have a pokémon that looked even remotely close to a nightmare ghost attending it. "Look," the Kyurem-costumed Poochyena started. "I'm pretty sure you've got me confused with another Keegan. I promise you that I've never once seen you before in my whole, entire life." "Oh really?" the Darkrai countered. "I suppose that next you'll be telling me that I don't know who Nola, Kiera, and Shiku are, either." Kiera's skin began to prickle. She was certain that she had never seen this pokémon before. Yet, he knew all of their names, and none of them had even mentioned theirs. Had he been stalking them? Or had he read their minds? The Vulpix wasn't sure of either theories, but tried keeping her mind clear just in case. "Still don't recognize me, eh?" the Darkrai smirked. "Then why don't I show you my good side?" With a crackle of glowing, white energy, the Darkrai's body began to change shape before their eyes. The Pokémon's features gradually became smaller, more flexible, and rounded until all that was left was a purple blob sitting before them. It was at that moment that they realized they knew exactly who this pokémon was after all. "MAUVE?!?!" Kiera found herself exclaiming along with her other friends. The Vulpix could scarcely believe that the powerful, supposedly legendary pokémon was actually a little Ditto in disguise. It didn't even make much sense that Mauve had beaten full-fledged adults with such little effort. The Ditto had never seemed very strong in school, in fact, he seemed to lean more in the opposite direction. "Judging by your stunned expressions," Mauve spoke in a voice that sounded more young and high-pitched. "I'd say that my transformations are the closest they can be to perfection, which means I'll be taking over this town, soon." "Taking over the town?" Shiku echoed. "What are you talking about?" "It's actually pretty simple, really," Mauve began. "Just like so many others, I want power. Power brings everything. Power is the only thing that fulfills. Power is life! In order to gain such power, I'm going to start small by taking control of this town. To do this, I'm going to start picking off all who would oppose me, beginning from the weakest up to the strongest. Once I've defeated enough pokémon, the rest will have no choice but to follow me. From there, I can take over even more weaker towns and build them up until I have accomplished a successful empire. The weaklings will be trained into a mighty fighting force loyal to me, and me only. They will be trained until they are an unbeatable army, invincible to even the legendaries. Then, I will finally be on top!" "But you're just a kid!" Nola protested. "There's no way you'd ever be that powerful!" "Yeah!" Keegan barked. "The adults will easily stop you!" Kiera had an inkling that this wasn't true as she glanced at the three unconscious pokémon ahead. Hadn't Mauve already proved what he was capable of? If he could transform into any pokémon, he could just change back into a legendary and wipe out anyone trying to stop him. But maybe if someone attacked him in his true form.... "I am no mere child," Mauve glowered. "I am far older than any of you, possibly even older than some your parents." "You may talk like a grown-up, but you sure don't sound like one," Shiku pointed out. "My voice had always been like this," Mauve retorted. "It's never changed, but it works to my own advantage. I've been able to use the little kid act more than a few times." "But why do it?" Nola interrupted. "Why act like a kid this whole time when you could have been doing your whole evil plot thing or whatever?" "Oh, but I have," Mauve smirked. "I've been studying–closely watching every pokémon I come across. I know just about everything there is to know about each of the pokémon living in this town. I know their strong points...their weaknesses....the ones I will use and the ones that I'll get rid of. I can learn so much more than the average Joe, simply because kids can get away with more than most realize." "We won't let you get away this!" Shiku growled. "Once we get to Legend Fest, we tell all the legendaries what you're up to, and they'll stop you for sure!" "Oh no!" Mauve mockingly gasped. "You're going to tell on me? Not the ultimate, little kid punishment! Anything but that! What will I ever do? Oh wait...I can just get rid of you all, right now. That would be simple enough. Now tell me, do have any preferences on how you want to die?" "Stall him!" Kiera hissed to Nola. The Eevee looked at her with a confused expression, but nodded in response. "Ok," she addressed the Ditto. "Tell us what all our options are." Kiera didn't allow herself listen to the rest of the conversation. The Vulpix kept her entire concentration on the tiny flame flickering from her mouth. She had to keep the fire really small and quiet so it wouldn't get Mauve's attention. It burned with teasing slowness, and it looked like the roots would never burn through. However, the roots had gradually crumpled enough to where she could break free from them. Kiera looked up to see if she was in good firing range of Mauve. Right at that moment, the Ditto's gaze turned to her own. Kiera growled as she aimed an Ember attack at the purple pokémon. The fire founds its mark, but not before the Ditto's body began glowing in a bright, white shade. Once more, the now familiar shape of a Darkrai appeared before them. Blue eyes angrily narrowed, Mauve swiftly floated up until he hovered a good distance above them. "I think a quick end is what suites the lot of you best," he scowled. Ominous, dark, pulsating energy began forming along his long, black arms. The crackle of the energy intensified as the transformed Ditto raised his arms high above his head. Kiera watched with her mouth agape as the dark force began growing with a great swirling motion. A deep, raging roar suddenly erupted from somewhere in the sky. The volume of the outburst was so loud that the ground shook with the sheer volume of the sound. Kiera shrank down as a huge, hulking beast swooped past. The creature made a turn-around before letting out another fearsome bellowing. By now, Mauve had stopped the attack and slowly hovered down in uncertainly. With giant, red and black, hand-like wings, the monstrous being flapped above them. "HOW DARE YOU IMPERSONATE ON OF MY CLOSEST COLLEAGUES?!?!" boomed the obviously enraged beast. Kiera took in the sight of the creature's whispy, gray ruff, cruel-looking talons, and the long tail that shared resemblance to the hand-like appearance of its arms. The name of this pokémon suddenly entered the Vulpix's mind. Yveltal! I'm thinking about posting a quick survey at the end of this fic. If I did that, would any of you answer it? I really want to try it, but at the same time, I don't want to post one if it's just going to sit here and collect cobwebs. :|
My toyhou.se~My PMD Comic!~ Avatar and Signature art was made by me for my own use~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page