PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in What Hides Behind This Promise

Forum Index > Pokémon > Pokémon FF > Completed Pkmn FF > What Hides Behind This Promise >

FireFox Leafy's AvatarFireFox Leafy
Well, I couldn't find any music that can sum up this chapter without spoiling something or the other, but the next chapter will definitely have some listening music.

Chapter 3

At first, Kiera wasn't entirely convinced that her friends' idea of letting Rahms follow them was a good idea. However, her misgivings melted away as she got more acquainted with the dark-furred Lucario. He was the kind of adult that really knew how to talk to kids instead of talking down to them. "I hear there's supposed to be a maze this year," Rahms commented. "Yeah, I'm going to try to beat it," Nola replied. Then, the Eevee pulled down on one of her white ears. "All the bigger kids say it's too hard, though." "I know you'll do it!" Shiku reassured her, chipper as ever. "You're one of the smartest pokémon that I know! Oh–" the blue lion broke off and stared at something ahead. Kiera looked up and seen that a massive tree trunk had fallen right in the middle of the path. There was no way that any of them would be able to get over it, so going around was the only option. On the left side, there was a huge ditch with spiky brambles growing within. The right side led into the thick-growing forest undergrowth. Naturally, they decided that the right side would be the better way to take. Just as they had gotten around the tree trunk, Rahms came up with a suggestion. "You know, there's a good shortcut that runs right through this very forest. Most pokémon don't like using it because it involves trudging through the thick forestry, but I doubt it would be any trouble for the five of you." This seemed reasonable to the other pokémon, so they willingly consented to the Lucario's plan. The children continued on chattering, almost unaware of the darkening sky. It wasn't long before Rahms spoke up again. "All of you seem to be pretty trustworthy to me," the older pokémon said while stroking his chin thoughtfully. "I suppose I could let you in on a little secret of mine. Of course, you would have to promise not to tell anyone, and I mean no one can EVER find out about it." This was enough to spark Shiku's interest. "Why?" "Because, I might lose my job," Rahms answered. The Lucario glanced around cautiously before lowering his voice. "I'm a genuine legendary manager." "What on earth is that?" Maya snorted. "I've never heard of it." Rahms chuckled at this. "That's because it's a really secret job. Legendaries are mighty popular, and sometimes the paparazzi can be a little more than even they can stand to bare. That's where I come in. I take care of matters that they would would normally be bombarded with the press. Mostly, I run errands and other small stuff they would need. I also make sure that they get to keep their privacy. Occasionally, it can't be helped that some pokémon find us. When they do, they're usually full of requests and demands. I sort out which one's are actually of any importance." "So what's your secret, then?" Keegan pestered. Rahms took another long glance around him before speaking in a whisper. "There are two legendaries hiding out in these woods. I've got connections with them, so I know exactly where they are. Since you've been such good traveling companions, I figure they wouldn't mind too much if I took you all to see them." "Really? You can do that?" Shiku breathed in wonder. "But we'll see dozens of legends at the festival," Maya interrupted. "Probably more than you can count." "Yeah, but we'll have to wait a while before we actually get to see one," Nola argued. "And they won't have much time to talk to us. But this way, we get the chance to meet two of them personally!" "Yeah, but the games might start before long, and...we might miss something really good if we make a stop," Maya pointed out, clearly not thrilled about the prospect of heading away from the festival. "We'll have all night to hang out at Legend Fest," Shiku persisted. "Think about it, we'll be the very first ones to see a legendary, tonight! No one else'll be able to say that!" "I don't see what all the fuss over legendaries is all about," Maya sighed. "They're just regular pokémon." Kiera blinked and shot the Emolga a look of surprise. She had always been taught that legendaries were powerful, sacred beings of might that deserved uttermost respect. To talk of them as any different would be... simply terrible! Shiku apparently felt the same way. "How can you say that?!?" he gasped. "They're the greatest things ever! They keep the whole entire world in balance!" "Now, now," Rahms calmly intervened. "Everyone's got a right to their own opinions." The Lucario turned to the Victinti costumed Emolga. "However, I must tell you that you might not get a chance to see these legends in person ever again. It's not a given that every legendary will be at the festival, and the two I know of are particularly rare." Maya twitched her ears and gazed around at the others. "Well...I guess if you all really want to go, then I'll come, too. But we better not miss anything good!" "Now, all of you promise not to reveal this to anyone, right?" Rahms asked, deeply staring at each of them. All of them nodded there heads in response. "Excellent," Rahms rubbed his paws together. "Follow me." With the Lucario taking the lead, the children followed after him. No matter how many times they guessed, Rahms wouldn't tell them which legendaries they were going to see, his reason being that it would be much better if it was kept as a "surprise." Curiosity fueled, they barely even noticed the distance they were covering. Eventually, they reached a spot where the trees grew so close together that their foliage blotted out most of the noon sky. Suddenly, a high-pitched, raspy noise sounded somewhere within the woods. Kiera pricked her ears, briefly wondering if she imagined it. A shadow swiftly darted behind a tree in the distance. The Vulpix's fur pricked as she heard a voice coming from the direction. "Come along, dance with meeeeee! And we'll watch the night drain awaaaaayyyyy..." "Uh...what was that?" Nola nervously piped up. "Oh, it's probably just a Gourgeist singing," Rahms gave a careless wave of his paw. "They tend to do that a lot around here. It's nothing to worry about." Despite the Lucario's words, Kiera was still felt a prickle of unease. Listening to a creepy song sung by a even creepier, possibly deranged pokémon can have that effect. Hearing the final line of the song didn't help much either. "No coming back, soon it's historyyyyyy! And it looks like you're here to staaaaayyyyy...." "I hear that Gourgeist sing when they're about to eat somebody," whispered Keegan. "I don't doubt it," Nola shuddered. Kiera didn't either, and was very relieved once they had trudged a far distance away. It wasn't long before, Shiku tripped across a tree root and tumbled to the ground. He quickly picked himself up and started adjusting his Raikou mask, which had shifted sideways. As Kiera watched the Shinx, she couldn't help but feel that she was forgetting something. She glanced over at Nola and Keegan. The Poochyena and Eevee had stopped walking as well, and were waiting for Shiku to catch up. Still, something wasn't quite right.... Finally, it dawned on the Vulpix that someone was no longer with them. "Do you guys know where Maya went?" The three pokémon glanced at each other. "It's has been a while since I last remember seeing her," Nola started. "HEY MAYA!" yelled Keegan. The Poochyena cocked his gray and black head, listening for a response. "Well, I guess she's not around here," he finally shrugged. "What if she got lost somewhere?" Shiku squeaked. "She might get scared all by herself!" Kiera doubted thay was so; the spunky little Emolga didn't seem to be the type that got scared much. "We'll just have to look for her, then," the Vulpix put in. "We might find her if we backtrack our steps. She couldn't have gone that far." "I could probably track her down," Keegan offered. "I can sniff out almost anything!" "We might find her faster if we split up," Nola suggested. " Rahms shook his head. "No, that wouldn't do to let the rest of you tramp around these woods like that. It's too dangerous." Kiera snapped her head up at him in shock. He couldn't possibly be suggesting what she thought he was! "But—we can't just leave her behind!" "I wouldn't dream of doing that!" Rahms quickly assured her. "But splitting up isn't a good idea in this place. I tell you what we're going to do, my legendary friends are just ahead. We'll go up there and ask them to help us find her. They'll find your friend in no time!" Kiera had to admit that this was a better idea than what she and her friends had conjured up. So once more, they followed close behind the adult, only with more urgency in their steps this time. "They'll be right past those bushes!" Rahms called while pointing to a clump of tall-growing bushes. Kiera was the first to reach them, and pushed past the strongly dense greenery, almost losing her blanket in the process. Once she was past the shrubbery, she found herself closed inside a clearing surrounded by a wall of trees and thick undergrowth. After looking up, a startled cry broke free of her throat. A glowing, unnatural, purple force of light coiled between the trunks of two tall, leafless trees. Suspended by its long, black arms, hung an unmoving Darkrai with its head bowed down towards the ground. Doesn't a Darkrai deserve the chance to play the hero? Can't they get a break for being portrayed as the bad guy for once? Oh wait...
My toyhou.se~My PMD Comic!~ Avatar and Signature art was made by me for my own use~
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page