PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Padfoot's Log

Forum Index > PokéFarm > Journals > Padfoot's Log >

Many things have happened in the 5 years I've been playing, though I was never really as social on PF1 as I am here on PFQ. I usually just clicked my way to events and wasted my free time through high school. But it was well worth it... I used to be scared of staff, scared of talking to other people because I might get in trouble for some reason, I dunno... The only time I talked with people was to RP, and back then my RPs weren't very enjoyable as most dropped off after a month or so. Now, while I still can't quite hold a conversation with a random person, I am much more open to the community at large. I love it here. I've heard of all sorts of negative things about PF1 that I didn't really know about at the time, but when you're 14/15 and spending time on the internet occupying yourself without social interaction, how else would I have known? I've grown a lot as a person, and now I don't fear staff as I used to. Being a 13 or 14 year old with no knowledge of online interaction etiquette, I spammed once in a trade thread, I believe, and got banned for three days. Didn't get told why, didn't understand what happened, just knew I wasn't allowed to play for three days. I later realized it might have been the random comment I put, so I decided to stay out of forums, keeping just to PM RPs and not talking to anyone else. For as much as I play on PFQ, I'm very much glad I had a few years of PF1 experience to go off of. While it made the goal of filling the pokedex a bit easier since I understood the basic mechanics, I find it a lot more fun to play here (mostly because of shiny hunting and now the awesome albinos and melanistics... but also GEMSH! XD ). While it's not as hard for me, I'm sure it's hard for some, especially those trying to shiny hunt legends over on old PF... I give all of those people props... I finally got around to doing my legend hunt with far fewer summons that I'd originally aimed for, but I got a shiny out of it with my mini-radar! Never would have guessed I would, but even though trying for a second resulted in not as much success, I still had enough fun when PF1 was in its heyday. And with that, I gotta say... Farewell PF1. You'll have a bit of a special spot in my memory. Date: October 2, 2015
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page