PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Improving the report system!

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive > Improving the report system! >

Looker's AvatarLooker
I know it's been said a few times already, but there are very few people who actually use the report system. In 90% of cases, staff are the ones having to stumble across things that, quite honestly, could've been solved ages ago...if someone had bothered to inform us. 'Stumbling across things' also includes people who are complaining about how users have been getting away with 'X'. Behind our backs. Instead of, y'know, coming to us and bringing up the fact that there was a problem to begin with. I love doing detective-y stuff. Why you no share new cases with me? :c Anyway, I'm not here to go pointing fingers. I'd also like to mention that we greatly appreciate the efforts of those who have been reporting people. What I'd like to do with you guys is asking the community to help us identify the major reasons you wouldn't report someone-- and a solution to them. There is only so much staff can do on its own, and there's only so much staff can see without actively stalking every user and every action they do. Of course, we're not asking you to go specifically hunting for rule-breakers. Imagine you found a wallet on the floor that somebody lost. The moral thing to do would be to bring it to the police station, so they can find the owner and give it back. The police aren't going to go hunting for lost wallets, and citizens aren't gonna go hunting for lost wallets either. We're just asking that, if you see something...you know. I've put a poll up with various ideas we've come up with as to why someone wouldn't use the report function, so even if you don't write up a big ol' post in the thread explaining how or why or what or waffles, every answer helps.
(Since polls answers have a maximum length, I've put a definition for each label here. Please pick the ones that apply to you most-- you can pick up to five answers.) - The Absent-Minded (Currently using a phone or other device that can't make screenshots, and forget to report it later) - The Sloth (Time could be spent elsewhere or assuming someone else will do it) - The Golden Snitch (Afraid of being a called a tattle-tale. Or being caught by wizards on broomsticks) - The Empath (Genuinely feeling bad for reporting others for their rulebreaking.) - The Tongue-Twister (Don't know how to properly file a report against a user who broke the rules) - The Hesitant (Don't know what can be considered as rule-breaking or not / Afraid of wasting staff's time) - The Timid (Don't want staff to see your username and know it was you who filed the report) - The Eye-Roller (Feeling that you shouldn't have to report in the first place because finding rulebreakers is a mod's job, not yours) - The Equivalent Exchanger (Expecting people not to report you if you don't report them. At least it doesn't cost an arm and a leg) - The Dealer (Expecting a reward/incentive from staff) - The Snowflake (Afraid of staff looking into your account and locking it for a rule you knew you were breaking) - The Whoospies (Afraid of staff looking into your account and locking it for a rule you didn't know you were breaking) - The Otter (Not the Other. Other is boring. If you have anotter reason for not reporting users, please post why)
Thank you for your time and participation.
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page