PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New request timeout handler

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I will be looking into this but I just want to note that currently the "give up" time is five seconds. If it's taking more than five seconds, then I kind of worry about what's going on!
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
SakuraWolf23's AvatarSakuraWolf23
Same! The only delay issue I was ever noticing was sometimes grabbing eggs from Daycare or Supplier would take longer, or moving into my fields had a few seconds delay. I just logged on this morning, and the game is practically unplayable for me. Took a minute to move my Pokes into my field because each move would bring up the popup and I'd have to redo it again. Took another two minutes to get to this post. Every action I take is super slow and full of the popups, and changing pages takes 20+ seconds to follow through. I keep having to refresh the page because changing pages isn't bringing up the retry, just sticks on loading.
Aliit Ori'shya Tal'din || Tai'shar Manetheren! SamanthaNBishop on Archive of our Own and Wattpad! Gaming || Writing || Pokemon Fan Fic: Angel of the Shadows Avatar of Trainer, Alexandria "Angel" Flamel, by Me Banner for me by Furret on PokeHeroes. Do not use without permission.
I've changed the timeout to 10 seconds, but it really shouldn't be taking that long to do stuff. It's very concerning that it is, especially since I'm seeing no lag here at all.
Noahverse's AvatarNoahverse
I've just had the experience of playing with a laggy connection (spotty, 2-3 bars / 4 LTE reception) (prior to making the delay 10secs) and I can say yeah, I had difficulty playing at all. I wasn't even able to send Pokemon scouring or hatch eggs (it repeatedly failed whatever I did), and I even had Flotteur's issue (QoL turning off). About the QoL turning off though, I'll have to say I don't think it's a new issue! I can distinctly remember being puzzled that QoL had been turned off randomly from time to time. I just turned it back on and promptly forgot, it didn't happen often so it was kind of a non-issue for me. I think now it's more apparent because it announces it's having problems. I'm back home now so I can't test the combo of spotty internet + new longer delay anymore. What's the behaviour of the timeout exactly? Would it be possible to have a "wait" option? As in, have the pop-up be more of a warning that things are taking longer than expected than a timeout? Just spit balling here, trying to find a way to differentiate laggy internet vs a lost connection "freeze". Thanks for continuing to look into it at any rate ^^

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
While I would love to have a "wait" option, we're using really old jQuery that doesn't really have support for that functionality, so this is the best I can really do afaik.
Heartmint's AvatarHeartmint
Honestly this update feels more like a downgrade for me so far. I'm usually playing on less than stellar connection with an ancient device to boot, so waiting 5 or more seconds is normal to me. But with this new update, I get the pop up in every other things I do, and it didn't even work properly. For example when I click hatch egg, the pop up will often show, but when I click retry, it says "it's not an egg" but the screen still shows an egg. I need to reload the page for it to show a pokemon and not an egg. This already happened before the update, but only in extreme cases of lagging, maybe once a week or once every other week. But this is once every other party so far. I'm not sure what Niet means by "give up time", but if it means that the pop up will only pop after 5 or 10 seconds, I think I got that pop up after just 1 or 2 seconds after I click something sometimes. Honestly I wish there's an option to turn off this feature. The usual lag is already bad enough and this feature only worsen it
Score: 0
typerace by LycanKai
I just had my first "retry?" pop-up yesterday (I'm on a fast, stable connection on a new device), and when I clicked "retry" it turned off both my userscripts (the QoL and the block one) I went and manually turned them back on, and thankfully all my settings were remembered, but it seems really weird that these would be turned off by a retry request?
Avatar credits: Melan Plusle & Minun Galaxy avatar made by Sharpy, (for my use only)
Yeah I really don't know why the userscript loading would be causing such issues, but... it at least gives me something to look into. EDIT: I have identified why the userscripts were turning themselves off, so that shouldn't happen any more. But that probably won't help with lag much... EDIT 2: Wait no I'm an idiot, please hold XD EDIT 3: OK try that.
Juku's AvatarJuku
Just to let you know, Niet, I think whatever you did might've broken the Userscripts! A handful of people on the Discord (myself included) report being unable to use QoL or the Block Userscript. Even if they're checked (as well as unchecking & checking again,) they don't appear to be working! /nm ^v^

Juku | They / She / He | 22

Ahh, this is what happens when I try to rush things XD How about now?

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page