PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

New request timeout handler

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
Some users have been seeing issues with the game getting "stuck". Thanks to this bug report, I have made an adjustment. For some reason, the requests will fail to connect to the server, but rather than detecting this properly and going through normal error handling routines, it just... gets stuck. I have no idea why this happens nor how to fix it, but it was discovered that forcing it to stop (via turning wifi off and on again!) at least got the page un-stuck, as it allowed the error handler to work. To implement this "on purpose", I have added a timeout to requests. If you had this issue, you may now start seeing a "Request Timeout" message, asking if you would like to retry the request. This is important because PFQ does not have the structure in place for "idempotency" -- I cannot simply have it retry automatically, because it may lead to duplicate purchases or other actions. This is why it will remain a manual "do you want to retry?" query. I may be able to cut this down in future by making a list of "safe to retry" things, but for now... manual. I hope this doesn't cause too much trouble, and in fact helps those who were unknowingly facing the error before.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
LizzieLuna's AvatarLizzieLuna
Thank you! I thought it was just my wifi. I stream and game on it, but my cell phone sometimes takes last priority. (I’m not very techy.) Edit: I’ve gotten the message several times in wonder trade after confirming a Pokémon to send Edit 2:Now, I can’t get through 3 players in my click lists without it breaking over the pop up message. I’m sure you’ll fix it soon, just trying to add to the notes. I suspect it’s because I do actually have signal issues and the time limit before the message isn’t very long.
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
Simplyammee's AvatarSimplyammee
Definitely was also having the issue but I thought it was on my end (like connection issues or clicking too fast, idk). I also had it very intermittently, but I am glad to see this fix! That was very swift, thank you!
Type Race Score: 0
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
TakeANap's AvatarTakeANap
Thanks Niet! I assumed it was me, but it has def been happening. We appreciate you!
Fletchinderat's AvatarFletchinderat
glad to hear about the updates! it has been crashing quite a bit lately. i don't understand why QoL was turned off for me the minute the update was released, but i got it back no problem. just random. :3
PFP is my own artwork!
Flotteur's AvatarFlotteur

QUOTE originally posted by LizzieLuna

Thank you! I thought it was just my wifi. I stream and game on it, but my cell phone sometimes takes last priority. (I’m not very techy.) Edit: I’ve gotten the message several times in wonder trade after confirming a Pokémon to send Edit 2:Now, I can’t get through 3 players in my click lists without it breaking over the pop up message. I’m sure you’ll fix it soon, just trying to add to the notes. I suspect it’s because I do actually have signal issues and the time limit before the message isn’t very long.
seconding this; i'm getting it every few minutes now, sometimes multiple at once- and my QoL keeps turning off :'D i'm sure it's from almost-reset lag, and/or my bad internet, but figured i'd say something! i've gotten it like three times just trying to post this lol

☆ eir | they/them | 25 ☆

★ starlight trade shop ★credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @Cryst on PFQ Signature Pagedoll @Goldenene on PFQ Divider Image @Unsplash
type race score; 0
Noahverse's AvatarNoahverse

QUOTE originally posted by Flotteur

QUOTE originally posted by LizzieLuna

seconding this; i'm getting it every few minutes now, sometimes multiple at once- and my QoL keeps turning off :'D i'm sure it's from almost-reset lag, and/or my bad internet, but figured i'd say something! i've gotten it like three times just trying to post this lol
Weird, I've only gotten it three or four times since it's been implemented and my QoL is fine :0

Noah | he/they | AuDHD

: 0 pts!
Journal (F2U codes) credits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon F2U @MellowKun on Deviantart Divider F2U @hedgehominoid on Deviantart Signature Pagedoll F2U @SquishDemon on Deviantart Shop logo commissionned from Lilieth for my shop
I collect fairy Deltas!
^ My Trade Shop! ^
Flotteur's AvatarFlotteur

QUOTE originally posted by Noahverse

QUOTE originally posted by Flotteur

-snip-
Weird, I've only gotten it three or four times since it's been implemented and my QoL is fine :0
huh, wonder if it's just from slow internet on my end then :/ as for QoL, it seems like if i get multiple pop-ups in like a minute or two it just... turns off? definitely weird :'D edit: happened again and got a screenshot of the debug; the successful retry doesn't actually turn QoL back on. trying to do anything at all is just returning errors at this point :')
Meoauniaea's AvatarMeoauniaea
Oh, phew. I thought this was a side effect of me ditching Avast for good... I got really suspicious as it started right after I did that...
Avatar by me--cropped from a larger image I did years ago.
Toxel's AvatarToxel
before this update I didn't really experience any gameplay issues/bugs except for a bit of lag, but since the update I have been getting these popups frequently.. it means gameplay is interrupted a lot for me, especially when mass/party clicking xP It seemed to get better earlier after I cleared my cache (unsure if that was why or just a coincidence!) but got worse again later just wanted to put this out there since it sounds like others might be having similar issues :o edit: it might be related to having things happening in multiple pfq tabs? that seems to be when it happens more often for me
Journal avatar: game screenshot edited by me

Pages: 123

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page