PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Recode v2 Dev Log

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 1234

Snowy Fox's AvatarSnowy Fox

QUOTE originally posted by Dragonssong43

ohh and dont forget to take breaks niet! that sounds like a lot of work to do and still needs to be done!
I completely agree! Take as many breaks as you need niet! Dont burn yourself out! I honestly dont know much about coding, but I do know it can be frustrating, even if you know what you are doing....
pfp credit goes to cryst! And any custom pmd sprites credit goes Here! those whose memories fade seek to carve them into their hearts..... all dreams are but another reality..... Never forget..... Never forget these words......
As little as I personally understand the big words and stuff at times, I think it's cool to read these and see what's up. I thank that basic coding class in junior high so I know at least a little bit, lol. I think it goes without saying, and I'm not sure if I can speak for EVERYONE, but we appreciate the work you put into making the site the best you possibly can. I agree with others as well, though - don't rush or overwork yourself. No matter how long the recode takes to finish, I'm sure the final project will turn out quite well, and we'll still be here during the time it takes. ^-^
Current PFP is official from the MHA anime. PFP of my Pokesona Noctis by Silver Raven. Go check out the art shop they run! Usernames (newest to oldest): Noctis Elody <--- Triad <--- HunterInvictis <--- SilvershadowAB <--- Esmeralda I adore all things Absol, as it's my favorite Pokemon. Noctis sprite is the official generation 5 (Black and White) Absol sprite, edited by me.
Aysu Llyr's AvatarAysu Llyr
I gotta admit, I have no formal training in code, but I know enough to more or less follow along here. Honestly this is a lot of fun to read! Really fun and really cool!
Avatar is made by Nightfury28. My Ponysona, Remembrance.
Coouragee's AvatarCoouragee
always fun to see others' coding projects! especially when you inadvertently help :3 make sure you take an eye break sometime as well Niet, looking after yourself is important and means that you can keep working on the recode
Coouragee • she/they journalfriend multi-profile • type race 910 girl girl girl girl girl
oimky's Avataroimky
Thank you for logging tge process, it's really interesting! Really appreciate the hard work Niet!
Avatar- Mikael Eriksson Hunting:
Breakneck Blitz 3rd Place trophy by spidrenam (sprite usage)
Type Race Score: 1883
TR Credit: Hakano Riku/Guide
this has been utterly fascinating to watch via your twitch live stream. I've been learning so much, and live watching the peek behind the scenes at how all of this works. thank you for all your work.

Calypso ~ Adult ~ She/Her

~GRAFAIAI COLLECTOR~ ~IV BREEDER~

It is 04:31 AM Sat in Calypso's Cave PFP by Ashe Moon
Blue-Dragon08's AvatarBlue-Dragon08
Thanks for telling us all this good news. I'm sure it's helpful.
yCr's AvataryCr
Hey, sounds like some real great updates coming through, love to see it and thanks for keeping us updated. Excited to see the site transition from a clunky monolithic piece to a more flexible and robust containerized system! Huge +1 on using Docker and separating out the different parts of your server and an even bigger +1 for using git - I honestly could not imagine doing any project without it anymore. I do have some reservations about continuing to use PHP in this day and age (don't @ me) but interested to see where it goes. Would love to be proven wrong and see a strong case for using PHP in 2024, however please be aware of any sneaky security issues that may come with it. Not familiar enough with PHPStan to know if it could help you catch the bulk of those but if it can then great! Also +100 for static html/js and moving rendering load to the client-side, it always baffled me to see the site making asynchronous requests and getting entire chunks of raw html code back. I think this change will really help to decongest and glad to see it covered here. All the best on the recode and looking forward to more updates
Prf X's AvatarPrf X

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Anyway, while no code was written today, ideas were pieced together! I have others that remain fairly nebulous but there's definite pros and cons to figure out.
I found that making ideas is sometimes better than writing code
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 03:31 AM
Score: 620
TR code credit
Citrisfur's AvatarCitrisfur

QUOTE originally posted by yCr

Hey, sounds like some real great updates coming through, love to see it and thanks for keeping us updated. Excited to see the site transition from a clunky monolithic piece to a more flexible and robust containerized system! Huge +1 on using Docker and separating out the different parts of your server and an even bigger +1 for using git - I honestly could not imagine doing any project without it anymore. I do have some reservations about continuing to use PHP in this day and age (don't @ me) but interested to see where it goes. Would love to be proven wrong and see a strong case for using PHP in 2024, however please be aware of any sneaky security issues that may come with it. Not familiar enough with PHPStan to know if it could help you catch the bulk of those but if it can then great! Also +100 for static html/js and moving rendering load to the client-side, it always baffled me to see the site making asynchronous requests and getting entire chunks of raw html code back. I think this change will really help to decongest and glad to see it covered here. All the best on the recode and looking forward to more updates
Huge agreement with all you've said. Recently got a project for PokeFarm working and without Git I'd be lost; plus I make those async calls and parse through the HTML responses which was a first for me - I thought I was doing something wrong at first.
Creator of PokeFarm Pokemon IVs;
a userscript that reports your best owned Pokemon.

PM if you're interested in or are an IV breeder and you'd like to join our group!

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page