PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Recode v2 Dev Log

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Recode v2 Dev Log >

yCr's AvataryCr
ace.pnge.png
Hey, sounds like some real great updates coming through, love to see it and thanks for keeping us updated. Excited to see the site transition from a clunky monolithic piece to a more flexible and robust containerized system! Huge +1 on using Docker and separating out the different parts of your server and an even bigger +1 for using git - I honestly could not imagine doing any project without it anymore. I do have some reservations about continuing to use PHP in this day and age (don't @ me) but interested to see where it goes. Would love to be proven wrong and see a strong case for using PHP in 2024, however please be aware of any sneaky security issues that may come with it. Not familiar enough with PHPStan to know if it could help you catch the bulk of those but if it can then great! Also +100 for static html/js and moving rendering load to the client-side, it always baffled me to see the site making asynchronous requests and getting entire chunks of raw html code back. I think this change will really help to decongest and glad to see it covered here. All the best on the recode and looking forward to more updates
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page