PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Lag issues, progress, and planned maintenance [TBD]

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 123456

Blueish's AvatarBlueish
This newest update sounds pretty exciting! Given how "fine" the game runs even considering all the issues and outdated-ness outlined, I can't wait to see how well it runs once the code is updated. It's actually my one year pfq anniversary, and it's super impressive how much you all working on the art, events, balance and improvements have done in just one year! If you've had any sort of hand in these and haven't stopped to give yourself some credit, please do so now c: This site has been such a delightful place to be.
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
I agree with what others have said- there seems to be a LOT less toxicity now, which is great. Especially comapred to the S/A/M update threads back in 2022, which were not nearly as positive. Let's keep it this nice!
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 25 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
Raziya's AvatarRaziya
I'm really happy that you are happy, Niet! I know that is going to sound weird, but I know that getting negative feedback or even worse, just straight vitriol from people is awful. There are definitely ways to communicate issues that are constructive and positive, and it has to be wonderful for your mental health. I love the community here and I'm glad to see kindness spreading to everyone, staff included 🥰 Thank you for being upfront and transparent about these issues and if you do stream I'll look forward to having absolutely no idea what I'm even looking at seeing what is up!
Score: 0
team poison march 2024 trophy by teaspoonsoup!
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
will the Recode v2 break QoL?
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 03:59 PM
TR code credit
Yes. The developer(s) will have to fix their stuff. It's also going to break custom site skins, at least a little bit, depending on the complexity of the modifications made. Full details can't be provided at this time. The plan was literally made today, so honestly, asking such questions at such an early stage is only going to yield vague answers, as nothing is underway meaning... You're not really getting a good answer. You're getting a guess!
Firebird1685's AvatarFirebird1685
I'd be interested in seeing how many layers of code could be simplified into a single layer for different operations. As a former software dev, this is the kind of thing I love learning about
Invisible's AvatarInvisible
Right off the bat, I'd just like to say that these continued updates have been super appreciated. :] While I haven't really been an active part of the PFQ community for all too long, I can easily tell that the increased transparency, coupled with responses and consideration for player feedback has been of huge benefit to the site!

QUOTE originally posted by dalia

thank you for these updates! apologies if this has been answered/this is not the right place to ask - but given the amount of lag that users were experiencing during MCW, will there potentially be any make-up event or an additional day of boosts? personally i was a bit bummed as i intended to hatch a lot today in hopes of getting lots of specials, but the lag often made it frustrating to the point that i just stopped hatching after a while. i hope this doesn't come off as entitled or anything - but MCW only happens once a month and is always a big event for the community. maybe it could even be a celebration event for the lag fix!
I can totally understand this, and I don't see it as entitled at all! MCW does only come once a month, and other bonuses, such as the Sei that came with it, are a result of player efforts being rewarded. While a bumpy road may be expected with work towards fixing lag issues and the like, it can definitely feel like a bit of a shame to lose out on at least some of those rewards during such an event. Especially for those who might've barely fell short of the MCW goal, as a result. A post-lag fix celebration with activated bonuses, or anything else would definitely be appreciated! It'd be a good way to test things with the increased activity, right? ;p With that aside, more than anything, I do look forward to these site improvements, and I'm sure the overall community would be more than happy to take an occasional planned maintenance/testing period for the good of the site's future.
Check out our joint-shop: Colorburst Trinkets
Griseous Orb

Griseous Orb

Summon Item

(: 0)

An orb that doesn't seem to belong. It casts the reflection of its viewer with distorted properties. Using it seems to call upon the power of the Legendary Pokémon Giratina.

View/use Summon Items

Unsellable

Lv. 2 — Locked
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Fairy
Happiness 82%
Calm nature
Badge Credit (LycanKai)

Pages: 123456

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page