PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 1234··· 131415

Rainquail's AvatarRainquail
I appreciate the changes being made!! TR in particular because I'm about to hit a team where my badge is nearly maxed out and hopefully I'll be able to get that little extra from it. I also think that balancing the counters is a good idea and hopefully this will be good and healthy for site growth!
AnimalCell's AvatarAnimalCell
I'm sad that I won't be able to get as many bonus counters as often, but for the health of the game I think it's best. Honestly I'm really impressed either Niet's attention to detail with these sorta things!
Porrim's AvatarPorrim
As someone who's played for a long time, these updates are exciting! Unsure how Sei adding albinos would go, but may I suggest a whole new counter altogether for them instead? I can only imagine how excited the community would get if we had a shiny bonus and an albino bonus match up for a day!
Memento Mori.
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Overall, I have a question. Why are most site-wide counters based on a static number? Many of these counters are based on the entire site's activity level, which flucuates depending on many factors. Would it be possible to do some math to auto-set the counters goals?
Possible, yes, but at that point I might as well just have a fixed calendar like "Niet activates every 6 days, Garthic every 5 days..." and so on. I can absolutely do that if people want, but I feel like the community aspect of working towards these goals is more valuable - especially when it comes to ones like Sei where it relies on people playing the game normally to activate the bonus, rather than just waiting, for example, 13 days.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
PhoenixBirch's AvatarPhoenixBirch

QUOTE originally posted by Neonyan

Overall, I have a question. Why are most site-wide counters based on a static number? Many of these counters are based on the entire site's activity level, which flucuates depending on many factors. Would it be possible to do some math to auto-set the counters goals? This could be for FabFriday, Bonus Counters, Type Race, or only one or two of these. This is a very loose idea with little framework, but it's something I've always wondered. While I feel like this concept could be applied to all three, I think FabFriday is the easiest example: Take the average ammount of interactions in the past week per day and add a small percentage of that to be the first goal. Then add another larger percentage of that to be the second goal. Average Interactions Per Day (from past week) + (5% of Average Interactions Per Day (from past week)) = bonus level. This would take some time to figure out what a good percentage would be as well as how to set this up for the counters, but once it's set up you won't have to edit it. If the game's playerbase booms, it will still be fine. If the game's playerbase seriously dwindles, it will still be fine. Just wanted to know if it was an idea that was plausable at all !
If this is possible, I think the idea of having a none static number per boost reset seems really cool and also would balance out the issues you want to solve. Or just raising the bo0st requirements during events and bringing them down to an "average" requirement after. (Though I do admit, I think part of the fun of events is the amount the boosts get activated, which I'm assuming is the trigger for this adjustment post) __ Also how often are you expecting the boosts to be activated? Personally I think them being activated once every 4-5 days is perfect for the site, but that's just my opinion
  • My Favs!
  • Sikannos!
  • Credit (+ Little Guy)
selocon's Avatarselocon
If anyone is wondering, using the numbers provided by Niet (and some rough guessing of my own) I was able to calculate just how often we get the first three counters. I need further averages (on a per-hour basis) that I just don't have access to in order to figure out the average time we take to reach a bonus in particular.

QUOTE originally posted by me

If what Niet's number say is true, it only takes 1.5 days at best conditions to get Niet's goal, 3.5 at worst. If you assume that 85% of the 20M average is preferred berry type, that's 17M interactions at, what, 8 IP a piece, that's just under 4 days at average interaction count to reach Garth's. With 4 scour missions per hour, an average of, what, 850 users online at any given hour, that's 3400 scours an hour assuming best case of everyone collecting at exactly an hour and using all 4 slots which means that it's only ~4 days to reach Suri. All of the other counters, I don't know the averages to calculate the numbers futher.
As for the counters activating on a static window. Please don't. They wouldn't feel like bonuses then, just another part of playing the game there'd be no way to influence them in any form, which personally would lead to no motivation.
Avatar by the best lizard ever, Bananalizard #standwithEMS #ELM
Score: 0
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by PhoenixBirch

(Though I do admit, I think part of the fun of events is the amount the boosts get activated, which I'm assuming is the trigger for this adjustment post)
Nope, I've been looking at the numbers since the last update (from 2018) in order to make these adjustments! The recent events in February are just a blip that I actually discarded from my calculations :)
Tempura778's AvatarTempura778
Have a little bit of time to read this: The adjustments should’ve been seen a mile away, since I’ve seen 1k+ users towards the end of the day more consistently. Hence, goals get hit sooner That being said, I assume the end goal is to adjust the counters to be at a stage that they aren’t activating like, every three to four days? (And honestly, I love the idea of Sei boosting Albino rates, and in turn, Melan rates) Edit, because I forgor: I’m personally not too keen on the whole schedule idea for the bonus counters, since part of the fun is seeing the community’s efforts eventually be rewarded
The fiery gal and good luck charm:
× 45 / 1000
An eventual Melan Munkidori hunt (Not actively buying at the moment) Credit to BlueBlissey for September ‘23 Normal Trophy
satori's Avatarsatori
as much as i love the bonus counters being filled nearly daily (as a long time player), i agree that they need to be changed for balancing purposes. hopefully this update will help! i'm also super glad the personal goal for fab fridays won't be changed, as a casual player with a busy irl life, that's a huge relief ^^; also, i would suggest implementing these changes in increments to acclimate users; for example, instead of jumping from 3,777 hatched shinies all the way to 4,777 hatched shinies, maybe make several smaller adjustments? like starting off at 3,777, then bumping it up to 4,027, then 4,277, then 4,527, and then finally 4,777. mind you, this isn't a specific request or demand, but rather a personal opinion and/or an option to consider. thank you for the continued hard work!
abingy's Avatarabingy

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

Possible, yes, but at that point I might as well just have a fixed calendar like "Niet activates every 6 days, Garthic every 5 days..." and so on. I can absolutely do that if people want, but I feel like the community aspect of working towards these goals is more valuable - especially when it comes to ones like Sei where it relies on people playing the game normally to activate the bonus, rather than just waiting, for example, 13 days.
If you had it automatically update based on activity once every 2-3 months or so that could possibly allow for the variation from day to day to make it so that they don't follow a set schedule, while still following the the trends of activity across the site.
Trade Shop - Summons, S/A, Charm Rentals/Swaps, Egg Supplier Pass Rentals Credits
Avatar made by mewitti of deviantart. Free to use.

Pages: 1234··· 131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page