PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Site-wide Goal Adjustments >

Neonyan's AvatarNeonyan
Long time needed, for sure. I really like the Fabu Friday goal, but I do think it should be eyeballed over time after the change. I remember when I joined there were (seemingly - i dont have statistics, but i never witnessed it myself) no days with the 200% until years later, and then all of the sudden (late 2023/early 2024) it's happening constantly. It's very possible that the overall activity could dwindle again and make the increase to the bonus super difficult to achieve. I always like more oppertunities to get z-crystals/shards for the type race. Win for me! I feel like z-crystals are harder to get right now then intended, but that's kind of an entirelly different topic that could require a lot more changes then just the type race goals, so for now this seems good to me. Regarding bonus counters... I think taking it slow will be a good way to do this one, like you've outlined. We have been hitting a lot of bonus' lately, and I know that wasn't super intended for how the system works.
Overall, I have a question. Why are most site-wide counters based on a static number? Many of these counters are based on the entire site's activity level, which flucuates depending on many factors. Would it be possible to do some math to auto-set the counters goals? This could be for FabFriday, Bonus Counters, Type Race, or only one or two of these. This is a very loose idea with little framework, but it's something I've always wondered. While I feel like this concept could be applied to all three, I think FabFriday is the easiest example: Take the average ammount of interactions in the past week per day and add a small percentage of that to be the first goal. Then add another larger percentage of that to be the second goal. Average Interactions Per Day (from past week) + (5% of Average Interactions Per Day (from past week)) = bonus level. This would take some time to figure out what a good percentage would be as well as how to set this up for the counters, but once it's set up you won't have to edit it. If the game's playerbase booms, it will still be fine. If the game's playerbase seriously dwindles, it will still be fine. Just wanted to know if it was an idea that was plausable at all !

★ Zachary ★ They/He ★ 22 ★

Quiet nature collector.
Free Eggdex Help + Free Pair Creation Help Free Forum Templatescredits

credits

Code & Divider @Neonyan Signature Pagedoll @Vehemourn on Toyhou.se Forum Icon @Kotatsu on Toyhou.se
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page