PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Site-wide Goal Adjustments

Forum Index > Core > Announcements >

Pages: 123··· 101112131415

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]

QUOTE originally posted by Noahverse

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd be ok with less powerful bonuses but more often; just a little extra variance from day to day, you know? (Maybe rotating/random mini-bonus days kinda like the V-Wave or POTD? Just thinking out loud.)
This is certainly an option I can consider. Again, "no for now, but an interesting idea worth considering."
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
ngl its HARD to hatch eggs above 5k ehp w/o hypermode and i kind of relied on sei+niet days to boost my chances as a nonhypermode user to get specials of dragons and the like :( im sad to see this change but i just wanted to add my perspective as a nonhypermode and f2p player
TR SCORE 3841
credit
Background from AKAT42273008 on twt icon by Doosio flags by spidrenam F2U code by Gumshoe
Alienea's AvatarAlienea

QUOTE originally posted by Niet

I don't have specific targets for number of days between bonus counters, just a general target to aim for. Roughly speaking, order of rarity is supposed to be something like Garthic, Suriya, Niet, Ravyne, Shazi, Novie, Elta, Sei, and activation times should range from somewhere around 5-6 days for Garthic, up to maybe 10-12 days for Sei. The targets increasing are a sign of a healthy and growing community, one that is capable of reaching these higher goals. It is also necessary, otherwise every day would be a bonus day and nobody would want to play the game if it's not a bonus day - and then it wouldn't be a bonus day because they're activated based on gameplay... It'd be a mess. For good health, the targets must be balanced accordingly.
Hey, thanks so much for the response! I was thinking about the bonuses as a sort of "bottom tier" for the fun buffs the site can give you that gives you a taste of what can happen, and I guess that's not how I was supposed to be thinking about it- from that perspective, it made a lot of sense to me to have them activate fairly frequently, and that made me really look forward to seeing maxed out bonuses from fab friday (especially if there were other simultaneous boosts!) and it felt like a taste of what Mass Click Weekends give you. If that's not what you're going for, though, it makes sense to change it, and I definitely understand the change to the Fab Friday counter to make it much more exciting when we manage the full 200%! I also see Lucifer's point of view- sometimes I get hit with migraines or big chronic pain spikes, and it's going to really suck knowing that if I miss a day, I'm just not going to be able to see it again for a while, especially with Sei.
Rainquail's AvatarRainquail
oh my gosh, i can finally allow my albino radar and shiny charms a rest from trying to fully charge them everyday just because of the bonuses lol and give MYSELF a break. i've been feeling pressured to be online lately just to make the most of these extremely frequent bonus days. just this year alone, i've made more than 600k interactions, which is only 200k less than i did in total last year. 200k evey month, on average. my poor fingies! i know i am in the vast minority (i seem to always be), but these changes ARE going to be better for the site, and overall player activity once we tough it out through the growing pains. plus Niet/Adam and the rest of staff have been very attentive lately. it will not be the end of the world to go through some less than stellar changes. the ones that are truly unhelpful have and will be dealt with. balancing the site is an ongoing project, and it will not just stop at one partilar designation for all of time. within reason. niet is working on and considering many things for the betterment of the site, and it has been and will continue to be a busy year for changes! what i'm trying to say is, we should voice our opinions, but also try to keep in mind how much is going on, and try not to dogpile too much. just the thoughts of an internet raandom. much love to fellow users, and i hope we're all having the best day we can. edit; my point is, i like havong days were i can stop by, give the bare minimum 1k clicks and not feel like i have to be online more, or else i'm wasting the bonus away entirely, and as someone with chronic pain, i have pushed myself because i felt like i had to. you are going to come across this issue regardless of whether we have more or less bonuus days.
AltarFlare's AvatarAltarFlare
oh neat, nice to see some changes in the goal counters and such, updates are always amazing to see, alot of other places tend to neglect updates, such a phone games and such. Not sure if this may be related to recent changes, I seem to be experiancing quite a bit more lagg now though than yesterday expesially with the shelter sprites and avatar edit sprite loadins, as a general heads up, I'm not sure if its just me though, might just be me lol
BlitzyDragon's AvatarBlitzyDragon

Might be an unpopular opinion, but I'd be ok with less powerful bonuses but more often; just a little extra variance from day to day, you know? (Maybe rotating/random mini-bonus days kinda like the V-Wave or POTD? Just thinking out loud.)
Actually got me thinking about this, something like a randomly rolled weather effect every day. Sunny/clear, Cloudy, Windy, Rainy, Foggy, etc. Each with a different effect. Sunny/clear could do a hatch speed bonus Cloudy +1-2 interaction points Windy 10-15% Scour bonus Rainy 2-5% cred discount Foggy 2-5% GP discount Maybe rarer ones like Sandstorms and snow for gems and shiny chances like 1.1-1.3x gems and <5 Sei power. Or even use the terrain status moves for something for rare events And they would all fit into the pokemon vibe too to incorporate weather and terrain effects from the game in a unique way. Of course I'm not a dev but if some thought and consideration is put into it a random daily mini-boost would be great for the days in-between the major ones!
  • Dogs
  • More Dogs
  • TR
  • Hunt
  • Credits
:3884
Currently hunting:Sizzlipede for TR Long term Main hunt: x10 Melan Furfrou
All profile art is by me, DM me if you'd like a commission TR sprite is the pokefarm sprites for Sizzlipede, animated by me
G'raha Tia's AvatarG'raha Tia

QUOTE originally posted by BlitzyDragon

Actually got me thinking about this, something like a randomly rolled weather effect every day. Sunny/clear, Cloudy, Windy, Rainy, Foggy, etc. Each with a different effect. Sunny/clear could do a hatch speed bonus Cloudy +1-2 interaction points Windy 10-15% Scour bonus Rainy 2-5% cred discount Foggy 2-5% GP discount Maybe rarer ones like Sandstorms and snow for gems and shiny chances like 1.1-1.3x gems and <5 Sei power. Or even use the terrain status moves for something for rare events And they would all fit into the pokemon vibe too to incorporate weather and terrain effects from the game in a unique way. Of course I'm not a dev but if some thought and consideration is put into it a random daily mini-boost would be great for the days in-between the major ones!
i’m quite fond of this! if i happen to see it in the suggestions forum i’ll definitely voice my support :D i love the idea both in terms of mini boosts and also (albeit off topic) in terms of another pokemon mechanic added to the mix - it could potentially allow for other things such as another way to transform castform / cherrim or evolve goodra like how the games work for example

g'raha / kit / kinaster ‖ they/them ‖ 21+

kinaster & veevee hoarder
Score: 11195
art / adopt shop journal carrd toyhou.secredits

credits

Code @RAINB0W Forum Icon @sketchtune on Toyhou.se Signature Pagedoll @Xtremity on Toyhou.se Banner @dykereisen on Tumblr
tokimews's Avatartokimews
One thing that keeps me coming back to PokeFarm is that it's typically very friendly to casual players who can't play everyday, sometimes even weeks because of irl responsibilties. (Tournaments for example- even if I can't make it into the top 100 I still recieve a reward that can let me progress.) This doesn't feel as friendly for casual players, in my opinion. It's nice knowing that I can have some inactivity and not miss every single bonus. This feels like syncing up my schedule with these days will be even more difficult. And as a casual player, these bonus days help me feel like I can still progress in the game even if I can't play every day. This might not be a common scenario for other players, but I did want to voice my thoughts as well. I'm not saying the decision is wrong, or that this decision should revolve around casual players. I do agree that balancing is needed with the site growing in players and activity. (Which as a PF1 user makes me incredibly happy!) I think a lot of us are caught a bit off guard with this goal increase which is why some of us are feeling apprehensive about the adjustments. Regardless, I appreciate everything you do for the site, and look forward to future updates. :) Edit: Forgot to mention that I do agree with others saying that if the goals increase, there should be an adjustment to rewards as well.
Goatlady's AvatarGoatlady
I just want to mention some of my controversial thoughts as I haven't seen any others touch where my perspective is with all of this. We are not losing anything really by having the Counters fill less often. Of course, it is really nice to have those days when we get the activated bonuses, but they are a bonus and not really something we should expect to have at all. While not all site boosts affect every player, all the time, and some are more available than others or have a cost, I just want to draw some attention to these things that already exist and are boosts that have been largely ignored so far in this thread, whilst pointing out the less frequent Counter boosts being such a loss to gameplay. We have numerous similar boosts at our disposal:
Bonus CounterSimilar boostsAvailability
Niet bonus (Extra XP) V-Wave Every Day
Pokerus Every day
SLE/LEActivate anytime
Wishforge BadgesEvery day
Shazi bonus (Extra adopts)Daycare passesActivate anytime
Shelter budget voucherActivate anytime
Supplier eggsActivate anytime
Sei bonus (Extra chance for shiny)PotDEvery day
Shiny charmActivate anytime
Gold amuletEvery day
With all these above options and opportunities for increasing your regular, basic gameplay, the Bonus Counters, while very fun, are not so necessary that you can't play without them.
  • Hypermode also boosts all these things, and more.
  • Every Saturday we get a bonus counter that activates, which we did not fill.
  • Every month we get a weekend of active bonus counters, which we did not fill.
It all just sounds really entitled and ungrateful to hear that with larger requirements on the bonus counters, the game is less somehow. I don't play PFQ to fill the bonus counters. It is never a thought in my mind that I should click more fields to fill the Niet counter. I don't activate charms to fill the Sei counter. I don't spend gp to get a discount sooner. I do these things for very different reasons. If the bonus counter fills, it was not my intention and occurred passively by my activity on site. I play to enjoy the mind-numbing, repetitive clicking of buttons, to pass my free time with something free and playable at my own pace, and to see pretty sprites that I get creative with. The bonus counters are just something that occurs sometimes that makes things slightly different than any other day I played. I am thankful they even exist in between all of the other boosts and fixed activation times. They could have been scrapped completely. Then we'd be really sorry :D
  • Shop
  • Typerace
  • My Special Monz
  • Links
TUBG are an efficient and enthusiastic Team, offering these services: Ditto Speed Dating, Custom Breeding Pairs including Exclusives, Shelter Hunting, Exclusives Hatching, Charm Rental and selling our Special hatches, + items. Don't be shy, come drop by!
Nothing has more points than sharpened Steel!
Score: 10626
Banner created by LycanKai
StartermonFirst Melanmon
Lv. 100 — +1,361,078
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
FirePsychic
Happiness 27%
Sassy nature
Reaper Cloth

Reaper Cloth

Evolution Item

(: 0)

A fabric imbued with evil energies.

Sells for 1,750

Lv. 100 — +1,902,039
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
Ghost
Happiness 27%
Rash nature
BlitzyDragon's AvatarBlitzyDragon
Goat lady's post is a bit too long to quote but a response to that. YOU might not be loosing anything by the bonuses being less frequent but everything but the gold amulet are costly in the game to casual/non-hypermode users. There is already a huge gap between those with hypermode and those without and boost days are used heavily by users that can't pay for HM or don't play enough to earn it. So it is still a punishment to people without HM to make up for the lack of those bonuses. It's good to share your perspective, but your perspective is not the same for users that don't have the time or resources to maintain HM. With the requirements higher it takes more for EVERY player to reach the goal, so EVERY player should be able to use it to its extent. So players that put in already a lot of effort to keep up as a non HM user benefit greatly from the counters. So it's basically the gap getting bigger when people already feel upset about how much HM effects the game, and as someone that has enough resources to maintain HM I acknowledge how much more of a grind there is for people that don't have it, and saying 'well, just grind more for stuff' seems more entitled than asking for fair reward for more effort.

Pages: 123··· 101112131415

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page