PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Server performance and desyncs

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234··· 91011

Sneaky Shadow's AvatarSneaky Shadow
Funny, I thought this was my wifi acting up again, but now I know. (My town has a known bad wifi issue, especially near my work and home, so there are many areas where I can't get access.) <n<' Hope it gets fixed, thanks for letting us know!
[Avatar art by me.] Quote me if you're talking to me, please. ♪~ @u@
WytchyLynx's AvatarWytchyLynx
This makes sense, thank you for explaining and keeping us in the loop! Also now I have a question. So twice while I've had Pokerus and was IV hunting and hatching stuff quickly, I've hatched pokemon that had completely random stats as if it didn't register the parents and destiny knot existing. Could it be that it maybe desynced while hatching? If so, that does make a lot of sense! I look forward to seeing if the issues improve with all the work you are doing behind the scenes.
Lynx • They/She • 35 • IV Breeder ShopDiscordJournal
Poltchageist's AvatarPoltchageist
I don't wanna make any assumptions about PFQ's architecture or security or anything, but wanted to throw in my two cents in case it might be useful in any way. Have you looked into JSON Web Tokens for authentication? It's pretty well-equipped to prevent the kinds of issues you're describing by holding onto authentication data in an encoded token as opposed to constantly having to query a Session table. It can get decoded and then read any data you associated with that token, like basic authentication and session data, which I have to imagine would relieve some of the stress of the database is under. I know this is the kind of thing that may be difficult to implement on PFQ since it's been around for awhile, but may be something to consider for PFNext if you weren't already. Nonetheless, I hope your fix will improve performance and Sally will be better than ever! c: And thanks for keeping us all in the loop!
Score: 200
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
The main issue with that is that the sessions table is also used for the users online systems, like the multi-profile views and such. JWT would work for authentication, but would not allow those features to work.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
Brohepsi's AvatarBrohepsi
I appreciate you trying to fix this, Neit. I hope it all works out
JadeJester22's AvatarJadeJester22
I appreciate the effort you put into fixing the game. I guess you're right about this game basically running on hopes, dreams, and prayers.
Buying Tanzakus for 15 ZC
× 26 / 300
Sir Dessert,my little buddy :) Profile Picture is from PFQ Advent 2021
Lil' Merp's AvatarLil' Merp
So that's what that is! I thought my wifi was just crummy XD Thanks for keeping us in the loop, and thanks for all you and your team do in keeping the site functional! We all appreciate it ^^
Avatar made by me, for my use only. Please click this guy!
Badgerpaw's AvatarBadgerpaw
Is this desync what causes the issue I occasionally get where the site refuses to register me as being online in the active users list?
Avatar by Rick Griffin https://twitter.com/rgriffincomics
Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
I'm not completely certain, but it is the desync that tricks the system into thinking you're online enough to do things, but not enough to actually show in the online users list...
QueenNirn's AvatarQueenNirn
I don't understand any of this computer wizardry but I really appreciate all the work you put into your (to what I lovingly and jokingly call) black magic. ^_^ <2 <3 <4
Power taken is power borrowed, power given is power kept.
Score: 766
Badge created by Lycankai

Pages: 1234··· 91011

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page