PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Suspicious Links / Internet Safety PSA

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > News Archive >

Pages: 1234

Shazi's AvatarShazi
Hello everyone, Due to an incident today with accounts using bots to spam players en mass with PMs containing suspicious links (which are in the process of being removed), this is a quick PSA to remind everyone to please practice good internet safety habits. We are investigating methods of preventing this from happening in the future, but in the meantime: - Never click links sent to you unless you are expecting the link and trust the sender. - Never share your personal information. This includes personal names, addresses, and contact information such as phone numbers and email addresses. - Never share anyone else's personal information, either, such as the information of your friends or family members. - If you must share a photo you are in, obscure your face and any other identifying information. It's better not to share them at all.
498 Ice Fangs
102 Gray Stones
Mass Click Association - My Shop - Guide to 90%+ Pairs
Signature by Cele, Avatar by Me
Ladystar90's AvatarLadystar90
i had just gotten that pm not that long ago. it was odd espically since i never interacted with the new player and the message is strange. thank you for all you guys do to keeo us safe!
Type Race Score: 0
Janssi's AvatarJanssi
Yea, I think I got one of those messages too! Should we report the player that send them or what should we do? :0
Journal! go click my partner's party now!
credit
Icon by Catboy Cyrus! Pixel of my sona by Orchid! Background from the Pokémon anime F2U code by Gumshoe
Juku's AvatarJuku
Thank you for the post, Shazi! Good to know I wasn't the only one, haha! Peeking at ModWatch right now; appreciate all of the work!! ^v^ - Juku

Juku | They / She / He | 22

just had someone dm me with a link, thought it was suspicious o i didnt click it. glad to know my suspiciona were valid, and hope the bots get put to justace.
Mustellines are the best animals life has created, i will not budge on this undeniable fact
credit
Background from Temple of the Sea F2U code by Gumshoe
Walking Wake's AvatarWalking Wake
Ooh so that's what happened. Someone send me a message earlier, but I didn't check what was inside, and then it was just.. gone from notifications and the PMs. Glad it wasn't my imagination then, huh.
0/1020
Shazi's AvatarShazi

QUOTE originally posted by Janssi

Yea, I think I got one of those messages too! Should we report the player that send them or what should we do? :0
reporting is always helpful, even if multiple reports on one user come up we prefer to know than not
gaylie's Avatargaylie
This is good to know! May I ask: I usually ask clients for art commissions to give me an email address so I can send their completed art that way since that's the easiest and most reliable method for me. Is this discouraged or even forbidden on PFQ? I tried to check the rules regarding that when I first opened my art shop, but couldn't find anything about it.
  • Main
  • Pokémon
  • Credit
Lv. 100 — +526,522
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
RockIce
Happiness MAX
Bashful nature
Lv. 100 — +541,690
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
RockIce
Happiness MAX
Quiet nature
Art by gaylie Profile Picture by gaylie Code by gaylie
Tikru97's AvatarTikru97
Got a PM today. I thought it was a bot as well due to how random it was. Joined today and had loads of emoticons in one message. Thanks for taking care if this!
Zyqi's AvatarZyqi
Glad to know y'all are aware! Was looking for a 'Report' button on the PM page (habit from other websites/temporarily forgetting it's on the user's profile page), and then this announcement popped up. Thanks for all your hard work!
✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧ ﴾ Score: 0 ﴿ ✧✦✧✦✧✦✧✦✧
⭐ Credits ⭐
I made my Z and banner. Charmeleon and Charizard sprites from here.

Pages: 1234

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page