PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Single post in Daycare Update 2024 plans

Forum Index > Core > Announcements > Daycare Update 2024 plans >

Niet [Adam]'s AvatarNiet [Adam]
After sleeping on it, here are my thoughts. Let's get the negatives out of the way first: I am disappointed. As a community, I thought we were making such good progress. I provide clearer and more detailed posts, and in return I receive good, constructive and useful feedback to help improve things further. I wasn't the only one to notice this. But yesterday was a dumpster fire. An absolute trainwreck. I spent six hours meticulously untangling my ancient code so that I could provide as full and complete and detailed information as I possibly could, and yet during the entire initial argument it didn't occur to anyone to open a calculator, punch in 0.8 * 1.38 * 1.2 * 0.84 and see that the result (1.113) is still higher than 1, therefore even with the worst possible V~Wave it was still a significant buff overall. (It wasn't until much later in the discussion that anyone even considered the angle of some types being more drastically affected than others. That is a very valid point. Far more valid than "negative number bad".) ((Additional side-note: changing it to "just buff good types and leave bad matchups alone" is NOT a solution, since it is still a "penalty for not matching the type," just with different paint.)) Anyway, I'm going to make this simple: I'm removing the V~Wave influence from the plans. This does, however, mean that the max chance of Twin Eggs now falls to 33% due to the loss of the "matching type" 1.2x bonus.
I see some demands (not requests, demands) for "why Natures?" to which I can very easily say "why not Natures?" but that's not an answer. Someone mentioned not understanding why "a food preference" should affect compatibility, but... that's not what a Nature is. Nature causes flavour preferences, not the other way around. As for the why, you can insert your own reasoning but I kinda like the concept that "shared interests" leads to better compatibility. Gameplay-wise, it adds more diversity in options available to the player, which is rarely a bad thing. Does it "penalise" you for preferring mixed pairs for personal "flavour" reasons? Sure, if you want to look at it that way, but I would argue that doing things for "flavour" reasons is always gonna be suboptimal in some way, and that's okay. I will also note that if I had made Nature a part of the compatibility calculations from the start, we wouldn't even be having this discussion, it would just be a "fact of life" on PFQ.
Regarding the Red Gigaremo, I feel that a lot of reactions are completely out of proportion, so let me just try to make this clearer: at base value, you pay one Gem to get 10 minutes of double breeding rate. I would be very surprised if in those 10 minutes you got fewer than let's say 5 eggs. (Maybe for some specific Exclusive/Variant eggs it might be harder, but remember that those are getting buffed 2.5x anyway). Even just those 5 eggs will give you 5 Gems (more on Ravyne bonus days) which more than pays for itself. The point of being able to choose what type of Gem to use was meant to allow some optimisation with regard to how Happiness drained when using the Gigaremo. But opinions have been made very clear, so be it. I will not be changing the Red Gigaremo. This also means the auto-feeder is off the table, since that was part of the same package.
Honestly, I am so incredibly frustrated by what happened yesterday. I am practically one step away from just caving in entirely and discarding the entire Daycare update. All of it. No buffs, no nerfs, no nothing, and you can all keep your awkward, annoying, broken system that forces you to grind for no other reason than to grind. But no. That's not good for the game. I will be proceeding with the remaining changes, regardless of how difficult it will be to de-spaghettify my ancient code to make it work.
Clip from Pokémon anime, re-lined by me
-- OMNOMNOM!
Featured story: Injustice Feedback welcome!
© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page