PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Limit Teams for Type Race

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Evenir's AvatarEvenir
Hi there! So I was speaking with a friend over private message, discussing the new event and how we were disappointed that we weren't really on teams with friends or people we know. I'm aware that being able to pick teams could be a bit unfair, seeing as many have type preferences and that could lead to far more users on some teams and very little on others. What I would like to suggest as an alternative would be to limit the number of teams each month. Having 18 different teams is kind of cool and helps spread out the numbers on the site, but it makes it less likely to end up on teams with someone you know. Not only that, but I think having that many competitors kind of drains some of the excitement. Kind of in the same idea as how people start paying more attention to sports when it comes down to the semifinals and finals time. By choosing maybe 3 or 4 types per month to form teams and rotating them around each time, it creates larger teams, yes, and higher numbers to work with, but from my experience, that may create more team pride. Kind of like when Pokemon Go first came out and everyone was super proud of whichever team they chose. Month to month friends would have more likelihood to be on teams yes, but it may also inspire friends to get more competitive with each other when they aren't. Obviously, this is all speculation from only one point of view (and I obviously don't know all the work behind the scenes to code this and put it together, number crunch and whatnot), but since this is the first time for the event I figured it may be worth bringing up.
Avatar by myself.Tumblr. I AM TORN I N TWO HOLD ON HOLD ON WE'RE BAR ELY ALIVE I AM FADED THROUGH HOLD ON HOLD ON THE FALL EN ARISE I WILL FIGHT THIS WAR FOR YOU AND LET THE DAWN OF LOVE SURVIVE B R O K E N I C R A W L B A C K T O L I F E
-Breaking Benjamin
Corviknight's AvatarCorviknight
Here's my main issue with this. Obviously the most valuable items from this event are going to be the albino boosters, and people are going to be trading for them like crazy. In the event that only a few types are chosen at random, some types are inevitably going to get ignored as their stock of the albino item becomes less and less. So some types' albino items are going to be worth way more than others due to supply, and that's not even factoring in demand. How would that be resolved? I do see a usefulness to your suggestion in that it would increase competitiveness and team spirit.
official project sekai art; icon is official TCG art
he/him + 22 + cst
Rissan's AvatarRissan
I feel like people would just eventually complain when the same types show up more than once in a row, and to my understanding the team you're on changes every month anyway. I'm also pretty sure the point of type races is to encourage more hatching variety and I don't feel like havig just four teams would work for that. No support.
Glory || they/them
Evenir's AvatarEvenir
Fair enough. My thoughts were more of a rotation of team types (obviously, I don't how that works or how well it would go with coding, but it could be something where certain types are always paired, like Grass v. Water v. Fire and Psychic v. Dark v. Ghost, so on and so forth), which would prevent repetition of a type too often, and over time could help increase pokemon of different types, though they'll definitely have spikes. I don't know that these races really increase diversity anyway, as hatching goals always encourage hatching the easiest pokemon (like 5k hatch points or less), so type diversity goes up perhaps, but it also increases the easy pokemon specifically. As for the items, obviously it would make some from this month's very scarce as they await coming up again, assuming this was implemented by next month (which is an incredibly optimistic thought, I realize), whichever ones appeared for that month would be in much less demand since more of them exist. However, since they'll be on a cycle, scarcity will grow over time as people buy and use them before the next time the type appears. I really don't have insight to how the economics of that would work, especially what demand for each type item would be and if it would be scarce enough by the time the type appeared again, or if scarcity for some would sky rocket immediately. Again, I really don't know logistics, but from the way it was explained at face value it sounds like this was meant to create more events for the sight to keep members active and participating, so my thought was that it may help to create "hype".
Halsey's AvatarHalsey
I think the idea works super well with the 18 teams. no support
Progress to legendary hunt: Kyogre
Profile picture drawn by me
81/500
Kaeneve's AvatarKaeneve
While I can see where you're coming from I'm pretty sure that's not what the event is intended for. Friends being on teams together, that is. I think it's intended for you to interact with new people each month and grow a larger circle on here. This event could put unlikely friendship into the making just with the Forums alone. Besides, I'd think more teams would be more fun. The amount now is perfect because it's also the amount of types (no, duh me) that exist. No support, sorry.
Profile picture made by Hamfie on DeviantArt!
Babypoke's AvatarBabypoke
No support as boosters would not be evenly distributed making certain types boosters more valuable than others
Hoarder of apocalyptic Growlithes and Arcanines My Avatar Made by bananalizard for my Use Thankyou so much also credit to pokefarm for the apocalyptic growlithe design<3 Made by Poly Bear for me.
Crazy's AvatarCrazy
It wouldnt really be a type race if there was only 4 of the 18 types available. It would also be irritating having to wait a set amount of time to win or trade for a certain albino booster if you put hem on rotation- random would unbalance it as many wouldnt get chosen for ages. If Im honest I like the type race as it is with the teams and such- this is coming from a team ice member here. I mean Id love to be on a team with my boyfriend but we just took it as a challenge against each other whilst still helping since thisis primarily a community event ^^;
Avatar made circe ^^ Help with some research?

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page