PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Reset Egg EXP in Shelter

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

I believe Niet updated the shelter, I can't find the post, but I think if your chain is over 100 there is a 25% (?) chance of finding the egg you are hunting each shelter reload. so no big loss if you're hunting something rare and skip over an egg
poison.png0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
That's actually a really old update, but yes - that's correct. At the end of the day I'm not seeing any rational reason. Not to downplay any sense of how annoying this can be to some people but at the end of the day OCD simply isn't known to be a rational thing. tldr: Yes, it's annoying. No, it's not rational.
shoubunny's Avatarshoubunny
ultra.pngd+.png

QUOTE originally posted by Garthic

That's actually a really old update, but yes - that's correct. At the end of the day I'm not seeing any rational reason. Not to downplay any sense of how annoying this can be to some people but at the end of the day OCD simply isn't known to be a rational thing. tldr: Yes, it's annoying. No, it's not rational.
Before we close this off, OCD doesn't really apply to many people, so I thought I'd throw in one more 'rational' idea of mine. heck i should've done this in the morning oops So, let's imagine that someone is hunting their desired Pokemon, but it is a certainly rare Pokemon, at that; let's take Tropius, as an example. You have just ran out of Daycare passes and eggs in your Daycare, and you are unable to get more; so now, you rely on finding your own eggs in the shelter. After a few reloads, you find an egg; but it is heavily ahead of your own eggs, due to the person releasing the egg after a few hours or so- and you are unable to find even your own eggs. Yes, this is incredibly annoying, even without OCD; and many people without this condition do not like their eggs in this state, not just me, of course; to be a bit unintentionally blunt, why would I be making this thread if it was just something bothering me? :o Again, I thank you for reading this thread; I may present it in a better way in the future, but for now, I suppose this is rejected.
present day present time b - any pronouns OK
Lordy no, don't be sorry for being blunt! I have no complaints about blunt. If anything, it helps get the message across clearer than trying to mince words. Though, if I'm to take what you say at face-value then I'd have to point out a flaw in your logic. I don't see what "more than one person being bothered by this" has to do with anything... I'm sure more than one person is bothered by the fact that people can one-click. As a result of that, should we force a system for 6-clicks only? No, obviously not. I'm sure more than one person is bothered by being able to get "nothing" out of boxes. As a result of that, should we change the probability overall and remove that tiny chance of a "nothing"? No, obviously not. I'm sure more than one person is bothered by the difficulty behind getting melanistic Pokémon. Should the chances be altered as a result? No, obviously not. I'm not trying to be snarky or anything, but so far as I can see... The points you're bringing up accumulate to the same as what I can do for any of those points that I just mentioned. This is the equivalent of asking for negative progression. Literally remove progression from users. I'm sure more people would be bothered about literally removing progression from them than those bothered about numbers merely not being the same. I mean. Logically speaking - why would the egg lose the progression anyway? Keep in mind that those people who have got the egg to 2k / 4k (or whatever) still held (interacted with) that egg... Why would what they did suddenly not count for anything? I genuinely believe this would cause far more a problem than it would solve - in truth, I don't believe there is anything to solve to begin with.
schleifi's Avatarschleifi
grandmaster.pngc.png
I am really on the 'No' site here. I mean - a) there already is a fix that was mentioned before "Don't pick eggs that already have XP on them". If that interupts you rare Pokemon hunts then get a better breading or get a friend to help you breeding (note, breeding requests, as far as I remember since I don't do them, are mostly forbidden but deals between friends were fine last time I checked - just don't pay for that service as breeding is intented to be a nonpaid thing. I can be wrong about that particular rule though as I never had the need to recheck it) b) Other users are happy about that XP and even though I usually click until my full party can hatch this changes with things like 10k eggs that you can hatch earlier to get the additional party XP bonus for that particular 5/6 eggs run. c) How does that make sense if you try to imagine the eggs and the Pokemon are real? For what I understand the Shelter is a place where eggs and Pokemon can survive while looking/ hoping for a new home. If they don't find one - well, they go into the wilderness and join team rocket - who knows. But how would loosing XP make sense? Essentially the egg would go back to an earlier form and that just doesn't happen in real life. The egg itself would simply die instead of going back (I guess?). I mean, I guess you talked to some people, but you also have to consider that you most likely talked to active shiny hunters that already have a similar mindset. But that part of players isn't the whole player base - in fact I believe a lot of the player base is people that aren't this active/ cannot commit that much time into the game and are happy about making progress on their Pokedex. And when you don't have any Badges yet, are unaware of other XP buffs and just want to hatch your first Dratini because you finally found it's egg in the shelter you know what you love to see? Some XP on the egg so you don't have to get the whole 10k! Overall I believe that this change would make some people happy, while it would take away the random joy from other people. Plus I don't happen to find that many eggs that already have XP on them anyways. A few per week where I hatch 1000+ eggs?
Avatar was created for me by ArtsieRosie. I paid for it and own all rights for it.

QUOTE originally posted by DrWho

Case 2: You have 1 Pokémon in your party and 5 eggs, one of which already has 50% progress. After some time you hatch the early egg and enjoy a free party boost of 2 for the remaining four eggs.
This is the exact way I go about it when I find a halfway hatched egg in the shelter during a hunt. It doesn't take as long for you to hatch that one egg and then boosts the progress for your other eggs once hatched. As someone who hates having their eggs uneven, I honestly can say I don't see a problem with this. When it's closer in numbers, like having someone click two eggs before you fill your party, it's more annoying to me than grabbing an egg that's already halfway hatched from the shelter. And honestly, that doesn't happen often at all. No support
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Yuuki's AvatarYuuki
master.pngc.png
Why? Sounds like a personal problem. I don't mind when eggs hatch as long as they do hatch, and if anything, I really like it when eggs have exp, it's just easier to hatch. Like some other people said, sometimes your eggs get clicked while you're still in the shelter looking for eggs.
Shop Avatar creds: Manda
tape's Avatartape
master.pngc.png
i love when eggs already have exp! it saves me trouble! and once it hatches way ahead of the others, all you have to do is leave it in your party until the rest of the party hatches--it'll be faster if there's a hatched pokemon of its type in your party anyway--and then go pick up a new batch, easy. my alternate proposal is this: exp locking eggs. you could lock them until the other eggs catch up. and this has another use.. say you get an exclusive egg while you're in the middle of a chain, and you don't want to use an egg pass, you just want to wait until your hunt is over, but you dont want the notification. the ability to exp lock an egg would help those people AND your ocd, and i don't think it would upset anybody the way resetting an eggs exp in the shelter would (like i would be pretty bummed out.) what do you think?
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
grandmaster.pngb.png
no support. Honestly, when I'm hunting something, I LOVE it when I find eggs in the shelter that already have xp on it.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
Omanyte's Avatarhypermode-12.pngOmanyte
booster.pnghypermode.pngarceus.pnge+.png
It's really rare to find Omanyte eggs in the shelter, but when I do find some, I'd love to have them be half hatched! No support, sorry.
| Type Race Score: 0 Credit

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page