PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Option to remove large pokemon images

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Completed >

Pages: 12

Fevix's AvatarFevix
I mean no offense to the art team and can appreciate the time and dedication it took to create all of those images, however I find the vast majority of the large images to be quite unsettling, and would like to be able to hide them. Pros: users would have a choice on whether or not to view the images Cons: The hard work done by the art team would go unseen by these users
My characters in Pokepark <-- Please look!~
Kodiyak's AvatarKodiyak
I am guessing that you mean the PokeDex art on a Pokemon's Summary? It is meant to be more realistic, and they are Pocket Monsters. ;) I believe that they will be replaced sometime in the future? As the person who was working with Niet to create all of the art no longer does.
Fevix's AvatarFevix
Sorry for the late reply, I've had a very busy week IRL. Yes, I mean that, and I understand that, but it still doesn't change the fact that these images take once-cute pokemon and turn them into the stuff of nightmares and frankly it's somewhat offputting.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
The images you're talking about were commissioned, intended for PokéBattlers before it got shut down. So yes, some of them can be considered... nightmare fuel. However, these portraits are now placeholders. They were made by an artist not on staff, and now our own Graphics Team is working on drawing more appropriate images for them. So rest assured, we're already on it. ^^
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez
I love all of the artwork, honestly I kinda hate how the sprites look cute.... They're monsters born and bred for battle, they should be scary
0 points Mouse's Midnight Market! S/A/M sales, boxboxes, gem swaps, summon sales & more Avatar art by me
Yes, Togepi is absolutely terrifying. Absolutely monstrous. It should look like a horror movie combined with a kitchen knife. I think I just proved what you were saying wrong. Sorry. ^^
Kang's AvatarKang
Personally I never saw a problem with the summary art. Though I can see where some can be a bit unsettled by the art. As stated they are pocket monsters - so thus why some may be a bit offputting, but not all are unsettling. Like Garth's example - Togepi really isn't scary now is it? Don't get me wrong here, but I don't see an issue personally. Also as Elta stated the artists are working on it. So in the mean time I'd suggest trying not to look at the summary art if they tickle you in a not so good/funny way.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
PlasmaStorm's AvatarPlasmaStorm
Personally I think that there should be a toggle option to hide said art if the art is going to stay. I know, some of the art may be 'cute.' But honestly 60% of the images look very unsettling to me. i got used to it very quickly, but some images still look a bit...eh to me Of course, no offence to the person who drew it! They did a good job capturing the...details of the pokemon. Suggesting someone to 'try not to look at the summary art' is retty hard though. It is a large image, I mean. You can almost definetely see it the moment you open the pokemon's summary page. though, this site is suppose to be 'kid friendly' right? The haunter and duskull pictures gave my cousins nightmares!
'You are too late, I'm afraid. This flower's already dead'
Pokesonas Karyuu Yurui Comic Avatar is drawn by Tsuzera and used with permission
c r e d i t
Reshiram sprite is official. Coding and template is by TheFabuTor for free use
Mirzam's AvatarMirzam
If you want a hot fix until they are changed, you can add custom CSS to your skin. This seemed to do it for me: #summarypage #portrait { display: none; }
Prf X's AvatarPrf X
I like the artwork but I'm on mobile right now with limited internet not have do load them will be nice @Tarashia Thanks for the css code
LEGO avatar built by me with LDD I always plan for the possibly of a hunt not being complete
we're only human after all
Looking for Hasty Pokemon I don't have TR/Tournament highlighting skin code Help Christopher Lee
aka Andros the Red In Space Ranger
's mom beat stage 2 lung cancer My time is: 10:07 PM
Score: 0
TR code credit

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page