PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Combine "nearby Places" and "other links" tabs

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Morzone's AvatarMorzone
Suggestion Title: Combine "neaby Places" and "other links" tabs Suggestion Summary: Right now, in a useres farm page they have two tabs that cover the majority of the links people use. One is the "Neaby places" tabs with the trade center, daycare, etc. The other is the "other links" with various links to the tournament page, or box opening. My suggestion is to combine these two tabs, so as to bring all the links into one easy access place. The "Other Links" tab is already split into multiple sections, (Items, events, Etc.) and I believe a new section of "nearby places" would create a neater arrangement than having them separated into two tabs. Positive points: The links would be better organized by having them all in one place rather than split into two tabs. It would also look nicer. The "other links" tab got a make over because it was basically just a big long list of links. The new design for the tab is well organized and easy to understand thanks to the links being split into sections. However the "Nearby places" tab right now is still just a list of links. It is pretty much a section on its own and can't really be organized like the other links tab. So by combining them you could bring that comprehensive design to the nearby places links as well. Negative points: In the Nearby links tab, the list format allows for a short description of each linked place. If the format is changed to that of the "other links" tab, there wouldn't be any room for these descriptions anymore. Reason For Consideration: It's always bugegd me how much better organized the "other links" tab is while the "nearby places" tab is just a list of links. Originally I was going to suggest adding the same organizing design to the nearby places tab, but then I figured if you're going to give it the same design, you might as well just combine the two rather than having to click between tabs when simply adding a new section of "nearby places" links to the other links tab.
Avatar was created for me, the sprite in the avatar was made by WriterRaven
Score: 0
No support because it seems that the nearby places are as if they are canon locations in the world of PFQ, similar to the lab, shelter, daycare, market, and your own farm. The other links provide quick access to site events and other things like the rules or stats.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Morzone's AvatarMorzone
bumping this to see what other feedback I can get.
Mystera's AvatarMystera
PFQ has a major RP element to it. The Nearby Places are actual places your character goes to, while Other Links are more out of character stuff, mostly settings and the like. There is sorting to it it just might not the obvious at first glance.
Firalight's AvatarFiralight
No support. Nearby places are actual places for a "RP style" in PFQ. A berry garden and a few fields are places. If it was put in "other links" then it'd be considered a non-important misc. item. Plus the Other Links would look quite messy with such a long list. ^^'
Avatar made by me. Avid Deerling Enthusiast
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Firalight

Plus the Other Links would look quite messy with such a long list. ^^'
The idea was to give the "nearby places" the same look as the "other links" so that it wasn't just a big long list.
Zerø's AvatarZerø
No support but I can see where you're coming from, I often click on 'Other Links' before remembering what I need is in 'Nearby Places' because I don't use that tab as much as I do Other Links and often wish I could just put everything I need in the same place. The navigation bar can't fit everything I need. I do see more places being added to Nearby Places as time goes on though, as it's been said ideas like underground and fishing and possibly dungeon exploration might become features someday and I feel they'd be put in Nearby Places. However, I do think that section of the farm page could do with a makeover. It is just a list, no images or anything. I think even little icons would be a welcome addition.
  • Featured PKMN
  • Site Events
  • Links etc.
Lv. 52 — 1,884 / 8,269
Aspear BerryAspear Berry
Aspear Berry (SOUR)
Cheri BerryCheri Berry
Cheri Berry (SPICY)
Chesto BerryChesto Berry
Chesto Berry (DRY)
Pecha BerryPecha Berry
Pecha Berry (SWEET)
Rawst BerryRawst Berry
Rawst Berry (BITTER)
BugFlying
Happiness 27%
Hasty nature
374 x 5 × 3079 Current Chain: 1/92
Artwork made by Cabbaccino.
Check out my trade Shop, I'm buying Shiny Pokémon for my Shiny Living dex! My first field has free Pokémon, just drop me a PM with who you want!
Firalight's AvatarFiralight

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

The idea was to give the "nearby places" the same look as the "other links" so that it wasn't just a big long list.
Same Look? You mean Combining them? The title of your suggestion is "Combine "nearby Places" and "other links" tabs" That would be incredibly messy.
Morzone's AvatarMorzone

QUOTE originally posted by Morzone

Same Look? You mean Combining them? The title of your suggestion is "Combine "nearby Places" and "other links" tabs" That would be incredibly messy.
Right now if you look at the "other links" tab you'll find links in neat boxes with little pictures and the name of the link, all organized by type of link for easy user access. Where as right now if you look at the "nearby places" tab, all you find is a straight up list of links with a little description. When I say combine, I mean merge the two tabs and convert the list into neat boxes in their own section like all the other links in the "other links" tab.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Actually, we intended for "Nearby Places" to each have their own image below their description to set them apart from everything else in "Other Links". Originally, there wasn't supposed to be an "Other Links" tab. Combining the two sections sounds logical, but it'd be impractical and messy.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page