PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

"Read" feature for the forums

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

nharmonic's Avatarnharmonic
Suggestion Title: Creating a button that will allow you to notify a user that you've seen their post in a thread Suggestion Summary: Basically, it'd be sort of like "liking" a comment on a thread. This could be used in cases where you want to acknowledge that you've read a user's reply, but don't have a need to make a whole nother comment to let them know that you saw it. Positive points: Eliminates unnecessary notifications for users subscribed to a thread when it doesn't apply to them at the moment, quick and easy way to acknowledge specific users in a thread. Negative points: Not entirely necessary, as I suppose you could just PM the user if you didn't want to send a notification to everyone subscribed to the thread. Reason For Consideration: I believe that it could be a useful feature, as it allows for quick communication to other users and prevents the concern of the user in question wondering if anyone has read their comment on a thread, especially when their comment didn't exactly need a full-out response. A sort of "I read this, but have nothing further to comment on it" kind of answer.
your pokemon are happy... they are happy to be with you. icon is official art
The whole point of subscriptions is to keep track of threads you need updated in. If a post requires acknowledgement, they can reply in the thread or send a trade in acknowledgment, etc. I unsubscribe from threads as soon as I don't need them because I don't want excess notifications, I don't need a ton of extra notifications because my subs have read my post.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
yes... you do bring up a valid point on unnecessary notifications on the poster's end. i didn't think about that. perhaps a toggle option for no notifications on the post?
Muddychomp's AvatarMuddychomp
Perhaps a simple liking feature would suffice (not only would you know which users acknowledge your post, it'd be like supporting their comment), with a toggle like you suggested to prevent annoying and/or unwanted notifications.
yes! that's basically what i was getting at. i figured it'd be nice to have it when you still wanted to be subscribed to the thread

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page