PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Private RP forum section

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Pages: 12

Mystera's AvatarMystera
If you can spell my name right. =P Nah seriously go right ahead.
LugiaRevival's AvatarLugiaRevival
Sorry about that, I edited it right away XD
Av made by the wonderful gezeichnet! (With minor edits done by me with permission) It's of my oc, Spark. Check out my shop! And join this RP! Special thanks to Mickey for making this awesome signature ^^
Duskar's AvatarDuskar
You didn't really answer my question though :p And not everyone will be sure of where they're going. Misclicks are still a thing, failure to read, being like me and horribly misreading something. Then again, this is probably only likely within a small portion of the userbase. Of course, if you don't want an app on your computer, there are things like Chatzy. These sites can ensure ultimate privacy between users by requiring the use of a password. Plus, if you can access PFQ, you can most likely access Chatzy (as my example) :p My opinion is that it's unnecessary. A private RP is still an RP, so it should be with other threads of its type: RPs. If it were to be its own subforum, then there'd have to be 'Private RP Set-Up' and 'Private RP' sections. For every category too, I would assume. If I'm correct in thinking there's also an 18+ RP area (for both Pokemon and other) that could be adding an extra 12 categories to the Forum Index. There might be some way around that, I won't claim to know, but that'd really lengthen the page for users over 18. Then again, my logic could just be weird and not make sense. @Mystera I would imagine that if the RP isn't on PFQ, it wouldn't be the mods' problem if something went wrong. The mod-reach/power would logically only cover pokefarm.com, not Skype/whatever chat application. I believe all Windows PCs also now come with Skype pre-downloaded, so if you've got a Windows then you're already set :p Tough luck if you don't want to download it on your Mac/Linux/whatever computer system.
🇦🇺 he/him they/them (unlicensed) | 21+ ||Avatar is official Ace Attorney anime screencap||
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Yes, there are mature RPs... and it is almost nothing but private ones. Looking at the first page of them, I only see two, I repeat, TWO that aren't private RPs. If I want to join one, I don't want to have to wade through literally dozens of private RPs to find the ones that are actually accepting.
LugiaRevival's AvatarLugiaRevival
@Deltastorm What if people don't want to make an account just for one RP? We should stay on pokefarm and think of the people who don't want to go offsite. A majority of people would probably want to stay on site, and the other sites have different rules than pokefarm, so it would be very easy to harass players without getting in trouble. Like you said, only a small portion of people would have failure to read, and misclicks do happen, but at the top, line on every forum section it would say what the forum is for. And I don't see why having 2 new sections for private RPs would come up to 12 categories? That part doesn't make sense. As a mac user, I don't have skype, and don't want to give out my e-mail just to RP. Since you need e-mail to skype.
Constantine's AvatarConstantine
This isn't needed. PFQ isn't a dedicated RPing website. There's no need to seperate private setups from group setups as it's easy to tell one from the other, it's in the title - first post. Using the Mature forum as an example isn't exactly fair either. People have different tastes and prefer to RP with people they know - with information being discussed in private. It's also a must to have a setup in the mature forum if you are mature rping on the site - PMs or no, this is the in the rules. P.S There are currently 'four' setup sub forums in the entire forum. Pokemon, Other, 15+ and Mature. If this suggestion was implemented there would be 'eight' sub forums just for setups. Add the other subforums that are for RPing, that's another four. In total there would be a grand total of 'twelve' sub forums for RPing. Overkill.
♔ Fae King Give me equality.

Pages: 12

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page