PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shiny Hunting

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

HoboAGA's AvatarHoboAGA
Suggestion Title:Shiny hunting Suggestion Summary:I think shiny hunting should be more like how it was in the games, instead of it counting how many of one pokemon you have hatched it should count how many pokemon you have hatched in general. Positive points: It brings back the excitment of finding a random shiny and makes shiny hunting the way it was ment to be. Negative points: well to be blunt you will lose money, because everyone wouldn't have to buy egg passes to hatch an egg that was different from your shiny count also there are people who only buy hypermode to shiny hunt. Reason For Consideration: Because this is the way shiny hunting has been in all the games, the reason shinies were add in the first place was to make people go on training grinds in long grass in the general area of the pokemon they wanted to catch as a shiny.
Thank you Scrapdragon for my custom sprite
I know very little of the actual shiny hunting mechanics in the games, but isn't there a way to chain pokemon in at least one generation? I vaguely remember specific patches of grass shaking when using the pokeradar, and you have to know the exact animation and match it to chain the same pokmone... Either way, shiny hunting is fine how it is and works well enough. No support.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
Aust's AvatarAust
No support Chaining Hatched pokemon to get shiny pokemon resembles the Matsuda method of shiny hunting in the handheld games, as well as we already have the same random chance of hatching a shiny here as in the games. If anything we are missing some ways to hunt shiny pokemon that are in the official games that we just can't do here. (fishing chaining, shaking bush chaining, sos battle chaining to name a few) So since this is a hatching/chicking game it makes sense to have that as a main way to shiny hunt here.
LunarHibiscus's AvatarLunarHibiscus
So much no support from me, something like this would make shiny hunting more then liking make it to hard to do.
Credits go to heysoup for the cute Noibat icon they drew.
ACottontail's AvatarACottontail
No support In the games you needed to keep finding one kind of pokemon in gen 4. hatching eggs in the same as that here on pokefarm. You can also still rarely hatch random shinies.
Check out my gym, and my Journal. Vearus sprite + banners by me.
Beta Wooper from the 1999 Gold/Sliver protype, the sprite was revamped and animated by me
~The trainer of raging dragons~
frayed's Avatarfrayed
No support. I find shiny hunting fine as it is now. Shinies are meant to be valuable. If they weren't, they would lose their value from all the random shiny hatching. And what about Hypermode users?
my activity on the site is on and off contact me elsewhere if youre interested in talking to me hohoho (all socials are in my bio :D) art from revue starlight!
Kang's AvatarKang
No support for other reasons stated and the fact shiny hunting is fine as it is.
  • Info
  • Banners
  • Other Credits
I collect Tidal Bells
I buy them for 150k cr or 30 zc as long as i can afford it! Please DM me if you have any for sale!
175/500+

0/3000
Forum Icon: By LilypadLife of my character Frost! Check out their art shop!
credit
Code @Colorful Pixel art @Blazermaze00
Mystera's AvatarMystera
Random shinies already exist. You can still get a completely unexpected shiny on PFQ. Shiny hunting on PFQ seems to be a combo of the Pokeradar and breeding, since wild encounters don't exist on PFQ. Every generation since gen4 has had some form of shiny chaining.
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Moving to rejected for reasons already stated.
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page