PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Auto-Merge Double Posts

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions > Rejected >

Adrian's AvatarAdrian
Suggestion Title: Auto-Merge Double Posts Suggestion Summary: When a user double posts in a thread, their post is automatically merged to their previous post. Positive points: Makes for less post-merging by mods and less rule-breaking in general Negative points: If a user posts after 2 days to bump their thread, the posts would be merged and not fulfill the reason for the bump. Maybe set a timer for when the posts do so? Reason For Consideration: I'm aware that it's a site rule to not double post, but some people are forgetful and occaisonally double post. I've seen a lot of it lately, and it could be avoided in this way.
avatar credit ♡ ★ my two lovely melans, lucius & andromeda ★
28/100 Nightmare Shrouds
19/100 Helix Orbs
HowlingCat's AvatarHowlingCat
But what if it'a the case you are setting up a trade shop/art shop/journal with seperate sections in consecutive posts?
Avatar of my oc was created by Flapple! My Journal: [x] My Sprite Dump: [x] Cosmog Sprite Project: [x]
Adrian's AvatarAdrian
Ah, I didn't think of that. Maybe the rule wouldn't apply to the thread's owner, to avoid merging that as well as bumping?
Zen's AvatarZen
Honestly? It's much easier to just let staff know by reporting double posts rather than telling people they can basically ignore one of the site rules. And forgetting something is a rule isn't an excuse, either. If you're unsure, read the rules again to brush up on them.
Avatar by cloudtail. My shop I do gem hunts, box hunts, dexing, have items and even breeding pairs. PFQ B-day thread.
Exactly what Zen said. Also, if it were to ignore the thread owner, you would be adding probably about 95% of double posts back into the equation. Most of what I've seen, personally, are the thread owners themselves double posting, no matter what forum the thread is in.
Call me "Padfoot" please. They/them. Avatar done by panpixel Flarotis design by PFQ
SuperK1's AvatarSuperK1
Maybe the thread owner could have a setting to choose who it affects. The options could be like everyone, no one, only the owner, or only not the owner. Also, the site rule isn't there for the sake of being a rule. If there's a way that we can make that rule unnecessary like this, I'm all for it.
--My shop--My starter-- - - Li'l dragon eggy --Avatar by ÇløudWølf--
Zen's AvatarZen

QUOTE originally posted by SuperK1

Maybe the thread owner could have a setting to choose who it affects. The options could be like everyone, no one, only the owner, or only not the owner.
That's seems like a type of thing that wouldn't be possible. And even if it is, why? So a thread owner could allow themselves around the rule or allow their friends around the rule?

QUOTE originally posted by SuperK1

Also, the site rule isn't there for the sake of being a rule. If there's a way that we can make that rule unnecessary like this, I'm all for it
So... basically, all the rules are unnecessary, is what I'm getting from that. Rules aren't put in place to be ignored. They're there to be followed and there for a reason. If there was no reason, then none of the rules would be a thing. This might seem rude, but if you don't like any of the site rules than don't join the site.
Milesfire's AvatarMilesfire
Double posting is against the rules because it's spammy, and what could be said in an unnessesary double post could be said in an edit, in my experience of seeing double posts. Merging double posts would basically give no use to the edit button and would make the rule against it pretty much useless. It's against the rules for a reason... So I don't support this.
Avatar is Apollo Justice from Ace Attorney. The art is official but I edited in the trans flag. Call me Miles, he/him. Previously known as ZeroTails and then CloveredZero and then CharaBerry -----
sauriel's Avatarsauriel
Wouldnt this still bump the thread? Or would this make bumping impossible? Since it would auto merge the posts, it could still breaking the rules while bumping the thread and then not breaking the rules because it was merged. Theres a bit of a controdiction here.
Check out some of my links below!
Code: Sauriel | Art: Xaandiir
Eltafez's AvatarEltafez
Declining; Sally isn't here to clean up after you if you made a doodoo. ;)
Avatar by me for my personal use only.

Links

Helpful: PFQ Rules | Staff Roster | Help Forums | PFQ Wiki Fan-made Tools: Calculator Personal: Journal
Template © Eltafez

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page