PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Summons: Market Price vs Collector Price

Forum Index > Core > Help >

NAUGHTY's AvatarNAUGHTY
Hello! I'm looking to continue a Mew hunt in the future and wanted to start stocking up on summons now, when I started the hunt I just bought the summons as I hatched them, but in the trade forums I've seen some mention of selling at a lower rate for collectors. I wanted to set up a trade post to buy Origin Sashes, they are ~180-200k credits on the Market, what's the lowest I can ask for without going below the value of the item? I figured maybe 150k credits, but I have no idea what the tier of rarity is. I tried looking at the Summons on the Wiki, and Origin Sash requires less to be able to use than a Cloned Sash, but Cloned Sash is cheaper on the Market. I guess the main question is, am I going too low? Should I just buy at MP except for when a seller mentions the collectors price? Or is my asking price okay to post? Thanks ^^"
Naughty's Supply Shop Shelter Passes | Shiny Charms | DCP | Boxes | Gems
A collectors price is basically a grandfathered price. Let's say you start buying origin sashes as 40 ZC (200k credits), and you are an active collector, 1 month later you see the market price has changed to 60 ZC (300k credits.) because someone else has decided to collect. Some are willing to sell at the Collectors price of (40 ZC) instead of selling for the new market price of (60 ZC). Does that make sense?
Avatar of a Bannette/Tyranitar Fusion was made by BumbleJuice Avatar of a Tyranitar/Grimmsnarl Fusion was made by AmazedFurz Avatar of the Goodra Fusion was made by SailorSCTk Avatar of Flurbet was made by Cynda
NAUGHTY's AvatarNAUGHTY

QUOTE originally posted by InsaneHysteria

A collectors price is basically a grandfathered price. Let's say you start buying origin sashes as 40 ZC (200k credits), and you are an active collector, 1 month later you see the market price has changed to 60 ZC (300k credits.) because someone else has decided to collect. Some are willing to sell at the Collectors price of (40 ZC) instead of selling for the new market price of (60 ZC). Does that make sense?
Okay this makes more sense. I was thinking that because you're buying a large amount, it's slightly discounted, not that it's the original price you were collecting at. Thanks!!
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
"Market Price", although it has become pretty universal, is a pretty bad measure of value. The nature of the market means it is constantly fluctuating, plus there are multiple ways to "calculate" market price - minimum available price, most recent sold price, average sold price, etc. I wouldn't get caught up on the exact numbers in the market, it just provides kind of a baseline vibe for where a price might be. If I were selling an Origin Sash for "MP" and someone offered me 150k credits I would accept. But that's just me personally. In general, people tend to pick a price that seems "fair" to them that they buy summons for and pretty much stick to it. "Fair" is completely subjective, though. It really depends on what you can afford and how much you want them. For example, I collect three summons - Inari's Lamps, Swords of Ruin, and Order's Crests. I've set my prices at 15 ZC, 70 ZC, and 15 ZC respectively. For Inari's Lamps and Swords of Ruin, this is just about market price - it fluctuates, of course, but this is the minimum price I generally see them at in the market. For Order's Crests, however, I am not priotizing my collection of them so my price is a bit below market price. If people want to get rid of them I will pay for them, but if they'd rather hold on for a better price I don't mind. It's worth mentioning that when you are actively collecting a summon, you kind of "shape" the market for it. If I see any of my collected summons on the market for my price or below, I will buy them. That means that the "minimum available market price" will always be above my chosen price, and the "minimum sold market price" will likely not dip much lower than my chosen price. Overall, you'll have to just figure out the price that works for you by experimenting. I recommend just picking a price that sounds fair to you and advertising that you're buying for that price. Then hopefully buy some, and re-evaluate your price based on how many you've been able to buy. I would also recommend seeking out Trade Shops or Summon threads in the Trade Forum and offering your price there to test the water - if people frequently ask you for more money, it's likely your price is a bit too low. And again, this is just my personal pricing philosophy - lots of people have lots of different philosophies and may value things completely differently from the way I do. Hope this helps though.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
NAUGHTY's AvatarNAUGHTY

QUOTE originally posted by Kahuna

-snip-
i appreciate this a lot! i think i was nervous about lowballing compared to the market, but you're right if it's being bought up then that will always be higher. thank you also for listing what you collect and your prices for them, that helps me get a better idea of how to estimate my own price. this was super insightful, i appreciate you taking the time to reply!

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page