PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Permanent, Toggleable Premium PR Sticks

Forum Index > Core > Suggestions >

yautjan's Avataryautjan
Suggestion Title: Permanent, Toggleable Premium PR Sticks Suggestion Summary: Add a second, more premium tier (1000zc each?) of PR stick that is permanent and is not deleted unless the player actively seeks to clear it or discard it, that can be switched on and off so a chain can be toggled on and off. Positive points: Will allow a player to save chains that they keep wanting to return to (i.e. perma-hunts, delta point hunts, legendary hunts) without constantly spending PR sticks on the hunt - I know I've spent far more than a few sticks on my longest hunt, which is a lot of precious ZC. Will also help protect extremely long/valuable chains by not being auto-deleted if a new chain is started over it. Negative points: PR Sticks are a huge ZC sink and constantly wanted, which might affect the game economy. They might also be more difficult to impliment than it might seem. It would also be difficult to rewrite/clear a stick (or perhaps impossible). Reason For Consideration: Consider myself for an example: I have currently 27 saved chains. That's not the most I've had saved, and I have absolutely saved then later discarded chains. Some of these chains are legendaries, which I save and restart semi-regularly when I build up my stash of summons. Others are chains I come back to regularly for orders, like Scatterbug, or because I just want to, like Bergmite. It's a *lot* of PR sticks to spend on saving and restarting chains like this. If there were a premium PR stick that would allow those specific chains to be toggled, it would give me room to a) save other, more ephemeral chains, and b) spend my ZC on other site features or players. They would not be reasonable to use for shorter chains - say, my Toxel chain, which I only want a certain number of specials from then plan to discard. I don't plan to restart that chain multiple times in the future, so a perma-PR stick wouldn't make sense. The price point would again reflect this. It would be useful though if, say, I was in the middle of the Toxel chain, and Bergmite was suddenly POTD - rather than spending 400zc on PR sticks so I can return to Toxel the day after, I have the Bergmites on a perma-stick that I invested in earlier, and I save 200zc by only sticking the toxels on a normal stick and turning on the Bermgites until I'm happy and return to Toxel. I think they should have the same safety/blocks that deleting a chain normally would, but once you "save" a chain with a perma-stick you can't lose the chain on accident. I consider a case where a user here got hacked and had an extremely long chain deleted in an act of maliciousness--that couldn't happen with a perma-stick. Anyway, that's just a lot of my thoughts! Please let me know what you might think about a feature like this.
Kahuna's AvatarKahuna
I think this would break the concept of chaining. If you can start and stop a chain constantly, is it really a chain? What's stopping me from pausing my hunt multiple times a day to hatch a random egg and then going back to it immediately for free? I could see this being reasonable if there was still a fee associated with pausing/unpausing the chain, just the fee would be less than the cost of a whole memory stick (50 ZC? Maybe GP?) and the stick would probably still have to have a significant cost, maybe around 1000 ZC.
If I forget to respond to a post or trade please PM me! I may have forgotten to subscribe. Avatar from Pokémon Showdown April Fools Day sprites, recolored by me.
yautjan's Avataryautjan
I definitely agree that it should be around 1000zc if it existed, but you have a fair point. I think if there was a GP fee, it would help avoid that exact scenario you describe. It would nullify a lot of the use of egg hatching passes, but only on those chains that are worth investing essentially 5 PR sticks into.
AHHH RUN's AvatarAHHH RUN
I could see it being a balanced option with maybe a 24-hour cooldown between saves across all the premium PR sticks you own. That way, egg passes would still be valuable if you're just trying to hatch a single egg while chaining.
yautjan's Avataryautjan
Bumping this Also gonna add: I think a cooldown makes sense, too, as a balancing aspect of it.
Durant's AvatarDurant
I love the idea of a this. Another idea to make chaining would be mabye you have to add a certain amount to your chain before being able to save it again. Or it could be at the same time as the gp cost, if you hit a certain number added it makes it free to save or could just make it cheaper to save
Check out Durant's Shop

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page