PFQ Banner

This is PokéFarm Q, a free online Pokémon collectables game.

Already a user? New to PFQ?

Shelter Inconsistency

Forum Index > Core > Bugs >

Mizutsune's AvatarMizutsune
I just had something strange happen with the shelter, where I adopted an egg, but it didnt appear in my party. However it still used up 2 of my shelter points. I've included some screenshots, apologies that they're a little wonky, I'm on mobile! I am using Firefox as my browser. I didn't get an error message for this, but it might be possible that I clicked away from the page too fast while refreshing the shelter?

screenshots

As you can see in the above screenshot, my party only has 4 eggs- While in this screenshot it shows I have used 10 points despite only having those four eggs adopted into my party at the time.
★ collecting ★ 36/500 147/500 56/500 i collect sour preference pokemon, especially bold nature! icon is official pokemon TCG art
austindodgen's Avataraustindodgen
Had this just happen to me too
296/1000
Aemilia's AvatarAemilia
So I have found that when an egg is in the midst of being hatched is when it happens the most frequently if that helps!
Buying: BSDs 20 ZC Prisms 70 ZC
Icons/Template by Aemilia

by Kaede

Tala-chan's AvatarTala-chan
I received similar just a short bit ago, though I also had an error code pop up.

Error Code

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
Unfortunately, I didn't think to screenshot at the time, just copy the code. Unsure if it was selecting/adopting it 'too quick' or what! I use Chrome. EDIT: nope nvm, hasn't sorted itself
Buying Beads of Ruin for 50zc/equiv
Swapping for summon in inventory as well! PM first for big orders pls~
, PM or send trade!
Score: 0
Original by LycanKai, new by NassiLove, icon by Pokefarm
Avatar by BugHusband for my use only!
Justsayhi's AvatarJustsayhi
I reported this same issue a little while ago as well, before the shelter update (here, if you were curious!); from some of the discussion there, it kind of seems like there are 2 issues that could result in your points being deducted without an egg (hideboxed because I RAMBLE):

2 Issues

1) You get an error code pop-up because the egg you tried to adopt hatched when you tried to adopt it. In my experience, if you refresh the page itself and then reload the shelter, it shouldn’t take up your adopt. Alternatively, if there are a bunch of the egg you’re trying to adopt, you could probably close the error pop-up and grab one of the others instead. 2) You don’t get an error pop-up, the shelter says you adopted it, but when you check your party it isn’t there. Both times this half of the issue has occurred to me, I’ve been hunting a mon that was popular enough for the “someone else just adopted this one” pop-up to appear several times; therefore, my personal theory is that maybe it’s some crazy stroke of unluckiness where two people adopt an egg at the same time, too fast for the server to have registered the egg should belong to someone else, and when the server realizes too late, it poofs it out of someone’s party. That is JUST speculation, obviously! It’s possible it’s the same thing, but most of the eggs I was adopting when I initially encountered the issue were newer eggs that wouldn’t have been in the shelter long enough to auto-hatch, so I don’t really think it’s that..
Either way, I hope there’s some way to make it at least less common ^^” From what Tala-chan said at least, it kind of seems like the error code issue can at least correct itself(?) after a bit. EDIT: Don’t want to clog the thread too much but as per the post below this v It in fact doesn’t sort itself out ^^” I wonder if there’s a way for the shelter to actually check if what you adopted is in your party before taking the points? Although that sounds like it’d just get really overcomplicated.. :’)
Game: In Stars And Time!!!
Buying Kusanagi for 20 ZC/equiv! Just send a trade!
I edited my post just a bit before your post Justsayhi, I thought it was fixed but I didn't refresh the shelter to do the next adopt and thought it had fixed itself. And now I'm confusing myself x-x either way, I don't believe I've had a party without a hatched mon of the family, and this is my shelter info. It acts like I adopted an extra when I haven't. So the og issue is still there :'D Sorry for confusion!!
(hope this doesn't count as a double post!) Shelter ate my egg again. Site hard froze as I saw adopting from the shelter. I refreshed the shelter page, 2 of my points disappeared, and I didn't get my egg. No error message or anything.

Cannot post: Please log in to post

© PokéFarm 2009-2024 (Full details)Contact | Rules | Privacy | Reviews 4.6★Get shortlink for this page